Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NCAA Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Cardinaldiehard's NCAA Basketball 10 Rosters (PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=914974)

cardinaldiehard 09-05-2017 04:43 PM

Cardinaldiehard's NCAA Basketball 10 Rosters (PS3)

1 Attachment(s)
Past updates:
Spoiler

Here's download instructions, taken from an old thread.
1. Download the roster from the link.
2. Unzip/extract all the file
3. Take the SYS-DATA portion of the file out of the folder--leave it on your desktop.
---
1. Put the game in and save a generic/no-name roster right away
2. Exit the game and take that no-name/generic roster file and copy on a flash drive
3. Replace the generic/no name SYS-DATA portion of the file with my SYS-DATA update.
4. Put that generic roster with MY UPDATE back on the ps3.

inkcil 09-06-2017 05:03 PM

Re: Cardinaldiehard's NCAA Basketball 10 Rosters (PS3)

Great job man! I will be picking this up again on PS3 soon...

Lace Up 09-10-2017 09:35 PM

Are these rosters more directed towards simulation then?

When I started doing these rosters, I tried to go by only stats but it was not possible. Big men who play like Deandre Jordan will end up having a ridiculous ability to make mid-range jumpers when playing a game based on having a high field goal percentage

If you were doing sims though, the difference would not matter because you can't see if it's a layup or an elbow jumper, 2 points is 2 points.

cardinaldiehard 09-11-2017 02:59 PM

Good question, hopefully that is where the "Shooting Range" comes in. It is an older game though and the AI is not brilliant by any means.

Field Goal - based off FG%
3 Point - based off 3P%
Inside Scoring - based off 2P%
Shooting Range - based off 3 point attempts per 100 possessions.

The way I simulate games is to set it to a CPU vs. CPU matchup with my sliders (watching the CPU play itself). When you simulate the game right to the end, the score tends to be a little high. I would definitely move the sliders around if you are playing USER vs CPU. I rarely ever even play the game myself.

Daonlyjmo7 09-12-2017 01:15 AM

Now we just need a brave soul to use your wonderful spreadsheet and convert this to Xbox 360

built 09-13-2017 02:11 AM

Are you going to post your cpu vs cpu sliders? Did you win any prizes for finishing in the top 0.5% in the contests you entered? I think you should keep tinkering with the stat formula or sliders until you win the big prize contest, or is the contest 75% luck?

cardinaldiehard 09-13-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by built (Post 2049006506)
Are you going to post your cpu vs cpu sliders? Did you win any prizes for finishing in the top 0.5% in the contests you entered? I think you should keep tinkering with the stat formula or sliders until you win the big prize contest, or is the contest 75% luck?

The sliders are in the third sheet of the posted Google Sheet. Contest is definitely luck. What I did last year was run 20 simulations and keep track of the amount of wins each team had. This way I could get some rough probabilities of who would win. For example, if a 12 seed has a 45% chance to beat a 5 seed those are good odds for an underdog.

I wouldn't use sim results as do or die, but instead as another source of information to make an informed guess.

cardinaldiehard 09-13-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7 (Post 2049004127)
Now we just need a brave soul to use your wonderful spreadsheet and convert this to Xbox 360

That is the hope with the public spreadsheet, the process goes pretty fast as it is just data entry at that point.