Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Jumpshooting is an eye sore (/forums/showthread.php?t=915120)

Cavs2016 09-07-2017 08:38 AM

Jumpshooting is an eye sore

Watching all these videos, and one thing that really stands out and irks me is how bad the shooting looks and probably feels in this game.

I'm seeing wayyy too many shots hitting the front of the rim and falling straight down. That's like missing by an entire foot. Anyone who knows basketball knows that shooting is truly a game of centimeters/millimeters.

It seems like the slightest contest triggers the ugliest brick animations. Contests look way too strong yet again.

It feels like 2k is artificially trying to achieve realistic shooting percentages. The game is looking pretty ugly as a result.

These are pros who shoot hundreds of shots each day. It shouldn't look like a pick up game between football players.

8KB24 09-07-2017 08:44 AM

Re: Jumpshooting is an eye sore

Lots of ugly misses when contested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNPqVXtk0s

The 24th Letter 09-07-2017 08:47 AM

Lol, 'probably feels'

We will definitely know for sure tommorow....

There's really nothing from a visual stand point that has alarmed me about jumpshooting....in fact, a lot of the pull ups, fades, set shots have looked pretty nice to me...so I'd disagree.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Yesh2kdone 09-07-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8KB24 (Post 2048993822)
Lots of ugly misses when contested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNPqVXtk0s

I have no opinion on whether OP is correct in his assertion, and won't until I've played the game, but far more contested/heavily contested shots are made in the nba than 2k will ever allow the user to make against the cpu on a decent difficulty.

How many of KD's finals shots would he have made in 2k if he was playing on HoF?

My first archetype will be something involving a slasher, until a) I know the shooting isn't going to be messed with every 5 minutes, and b) you can actually shoot at a decent clip in career mode HoF.

k2real 09-07-2017 08:56 AM

Don't worry if we whine enough they'll bring back the greens

2k[emoji459]

MarkWilliam 09-07-2017 08:59 AM

I'm confident I won't need to worry about all the shots coming up short because I know my shot quality will be 10000% better than what I've seen in these "vids" so far........

:)

BehindtheArc88 09-07-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavs2016 (Post 2048993815)
Watching all these videos, and one thing that really stands out and irks me is how bad the shooting looks and probably feels in this game.

I'm seeing wayyy too many shots hitting the front of the rim and falling straight down. That's like missing by an entire foot. Anyone who knows basketball knows that shooting is truly a game of centimeters/millimeters.

It seems like the slightest contest triggers the ugliest brick animations. Contests look way too strong yet again.

It feels like 2k is artificially trying to achieve realistic shooting percentages. The game is looking pretty ugly as a result.

These are pros who shoot hundreds of shots each day. It shouldn't look like a pick up game between football players.

So i do agree with your statement that 2k artificially tries to achieve realistic shooting percentages. 2k has always been called out for it's "scripted" gameplay and that's not just for it's animations either.

When 2k17 first came out, it truly felt like the game was in the user's hands. The community complained about "too many" shots going in and 2k patched it. I feel like video games should let the user determine the outcome and not have it's own agenda of achieving realism. Just my opinion though...

ViolenceFight 09-07-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BehindtheArc88 (Post 2048993855)
So i do agree with your statement that 2k artificially tries to achieve realistic shooting percentages. 2k has always been called out for it's "scripted" gameplay and that's not just for it's animations either.

When 2k17 first came out, it truly felt like the game was in the user's hands. The community complained about "too many" shots going in and 2k patched it. I feel like video games should let the user determine the outcome and not have it's own agenda of achieving realism. Just my opinion though...

Your last comment would be correct if the game wasn't billed as a "Basketball Simulation" or the "Most realistic basketball game". Those statements are why there's an "agenda".

If none of those statements were attached to 2k, I'd fully agree with you. Jump shots in 2k, at least the shooting mechanism, is NOT skill based. Timing is not a skill in this sense(especially since there's a vibration feedback this year at the release point). Getting good, clean looks is how the user controls the outcome.

In real basketball people miss open shots. Now, Let's dead this talk before we unnecessarily cause a,patch.