Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=915137)

Millennium 09-07-2017 09:44 PM

Re: NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by centauris (Post 2048995423)
Absolute shameful response from a "Community Manager" of this site. Just shameful, wow.

Community Managers aren't required to defend their communities and quite often need to tell their communities when they need to step up and be better.

This forum has been horrible for years with quick flashes of brilliance when they actually get together and be constructive instead of bash things generally and mob-like.

Apologies that you don't like the methods I sue but there are plenty of gaming forums for you to go to to share your opinions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

TheDutchDad 09-07-2017 11:00 PM

Re: NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by centauris (Post 2048995423)
Absolute shameful response from a "Community Manager" of this site. Just shameful, wow.

Disagree. Mills is right on with his take.

And shameful? lol whatever, man.

SocialAssassin 09-07-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millennium (Post 2048995430)
Community Managers aren't required to defend their communities and quite often need to tell their communities when they need to step up and be better.

This forum has been horrible for years with quick flashes of brilliance when they actually get together and be constructive instead of bash things generally and mob-like.

Apologies that you don't like the methods I sue but there are plenty of gaming forums for you to go to to share your opinions.

you can toe the line, bro. The whole game needs an overhaul, it's the same old tired nonsense with a new coat of paint. It deserves all the bashing it's getting.

bwiggy33 09-07-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy (Post 2048995416)
The AI online/offline much improved positionally for the most part. That's huge for franchise and season mode, as of now. We shall see once we can dig deeper.

As stated though the CPU can just skate and do what they want in a way we can't, so that hasn't changed.

Presentation, it is what it is now. I turn it off in all sports games so meh.

EASHL, feels different from the beta. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't seem as smooth. The EASHL AI is comical, we usually play with 3-5 guys, but the two or three AI's on our team were a mess. Positinally better, but every other aspect of their game brutal. Passing puck off of each other's skates, was pretty frustrating. Nobody even calling for the puck either. GRR.

Online goals, same old same.. No matter the new d skill stick, interceptions etc. Skate one way, shoot back the other, goal! Just get old. Even in great position don't matter. Shot gets through, goal. Same breakaway moves work, easy peezy. You don't even have to use the new deke moves. Goalies bite on simplest of moves.

I'm actually fired up to start a franchise this year just because it it has some upside with the AI changes.

Didn't they say like 60 plus ways to play co-op? Can't find it in season/franchise.

Slider saving issue, still there. Save a set, then make a change to the set, save it, go back in and its back to the original save state. You have to cycle through the presets after saving and go back to the created one for the new values to stick. Sigh.

No roster share by now, zero excuse. No slider share, zero excuse. These two things are important for the NHL gaming community and obviously not a priority. Probably never will be.

Playing this game makes me wish I wasn't a die hard hockey fan so I could enjoy the game more for what it is.. It's an arcade game with simulation elements. I've stated this back in 09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and 17. Yet because I'm a hockey fan I still buy it and play it to get my fix. Although it's getting to the point to where if it didn't have the EASHL to play with my buddies, talk hockey, laugh, etc I probably wouldn't buy it.

The game is what it is, the NHL Dev team makes a game short handed staff wise, and the lack of sales don't help that matter either.

I'm just about to fire up the game now, but I feel like I will basically rewrite your whole post minus the online stuff because I don't really play it unless I feel like beating someone who tries to cheat. I'd be willing to bet I will also include no neutral zone pressure in my post too.

I hate how I have this poor attitude going into the game without already having played it, but I just do. It's been year after year of the same and when you and Shogun are saying the same things, it means nothing has really changed. The AI improving is definitely promising and after seeing some of the things the devs did to franchise mode, I think that helps offline too. Whether I can get past my normal issues will remain to be seen. I think sliders will have to drastically help it.

Fiddy, your last two "paragraphs" sum up everything in my brain. Being a hardcore hockey fan sucks when it comes to video games because too much can piss you off. You just have to take it for what it is.

JimmyDeicide 09-07-2017 11:31 PM

Its an absolute disgrace what they are passing of as a new game.
I personally have had enough
Not giving it a chance? I gave it 07-17.

Absolute Joke they are passing this off as a full release.
Im voting with my wallet.

Millennium 09-07-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocialAssassin (Post 2048995630)
you can toe the line, bro. The whole game needs an overhaul, it's the same old tired nonsense with a new coat of paint. It deserves all the bashing it's getting.

Toe the line? I'm asking this forum for constructive feedback, something EVERY other forum has been able to give with it's core for years.

Don't like it - go to the EA Forums. Because I'm no longer sitting back and watching senseless bashing as opposed to constructive criticism.

knich 09-08-2017 12:26 AM

I have been down on NHL series for as long as I can remember. And I have been quite vocal about it. Is NHL 18 a whole new engine? No. Is it much improved from last year? Yes. And that is saying a lot for me to say that. I was encouraged by the beta, and I think the final version (have only played a couple games) plays even better. I finally feel like I can at least play a season now without getting very frustrated. And this is without making any changes to the default settings, which will make the game even more enjoyable to play. Would I have liked to see a laundry list of improvements like with 2k? Yes...but you'll have to decide if improved AI (along with a few extra bells and whistles) is good enough for you. I have enjoyed the games I have played thus far. I do feel like this series is trending in the right direction. EA just needs to allocate more resources to the game.

Millennium is jut giving his opinion like I am. I can assure you I am not being paid by EA or any other manufacturer. You only need to read my history of comments about this and other games.

SocialAssassin 09-08-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millennium (Post 2048995650)
Toe the line? I'm asking this forum for constructive feedback, something EVERY other forum has been able to give with it's core for years.

Don't like it - go to the EA Forums. Because I'm no longer sitting back and watching senseless bashing as opposed to constructive criticism.

What can be said about NHL 18 that hasn't been said about NHL 17, 16 and 15? It's bombed out and depleted. There's no point in constructive criticism if I've been constructive about it for four years and not one of my major complaints has been listened to.

But there are people out there who keep the fatcats at EA happy by buying the new game every year no matter what.

They be like