Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (/forums/showthread.php?t=915188)

slickdtc 09-07-2017 09:03 PM

Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Is anyone even trying to watch this game?

Disappointed in the Bills apparent direction even though I understand it. Was looking forward to a competitive season but hopefully taking the long view will work out. It should cost Beane and maybe McDermott their job if this doesn't pan out because now the house is practically clean from Day 1 so no excuses after the abrupt change of direction. They've actually done a pretty good job of compiling a lot of high picks pretty much within the past 4-5 months.

Oh yeah the game. Umm, Buffalo is less ****ty then NYJ. I think the Bills defense will be pretty damn good this season off the bat with McDermott and Frazier and keep us competitive.

Jets... look to 2018 or 2019. You'll probably keep us from being at the bottom of the AFC East cellar.

Bills 34, Jets 13

SPTO 09-07-2017 10:26 PM

Re: Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

I'm really frustrated with the narrative of this front office tanking the season. I can see how it might look that way but it seems to me they're trying to at least be fun and competitive even if they don't have all the horses. I am still trusting the process here. This is NOT a 1 or 2 year rebuild this is going to take a good 5 years to create an organization that can consistently.

As for this game, let's just say if they somehow lose to NYJ i'm gonna have to wear a brown paper bag the rest of the season.

Bills 20
Jets 7

Themayorofawsometown 09-07-2017 11:21 PM

One loss closer to the first pick

Bills:14
Jets:0

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

muggins 09-08-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2048995524)
I'm really frustrated with the narrative of this front office tanking the season. I can see how it might look that way but it seems to me they're trying to at least be fun and competitive even if they don't have all the horses. I am still trusting the process here. This is NOT a 1 or 2 year rebuild this is going to take a good 5 years to create an organization that can consistently.

Its a hard sell because you know, 1999 was the last playoff appearance. Trading away young players and becoming one of the oldest teams in the league is a pretty bizarre way to rebuild, IMO.

It's also weird that they just added in incentives to Shady's contract.

Anyway Bills 63, Jets 0.

slickdtc 09-08-2017 12:59 PM

McCoy has said all the right things, but seeing your team dismantled while you're playing out probably your last years as a prime RB, I bet the Bills were like here's some hush money to just play and not complain.

Maybe not hush money, but a good faith move. If we're gonna suck, at least you'll be rich(er).

slickdtc 09-08-2017 04:59 PM

Winner of this game is in 1st in the East after Week 1.

This is the Super Bowl!!!

rkwittem 09-09-2017 09:21 PM

I have a feeling that the Rosen and Darnold families will be watching this game.

Kaiser Wilhelm 09-10-2017 10:36 AM

GoBills. Bills gonna get that opening win.