Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Fatigue, autosubs, and injury slider effects (/forums/showthread.php?t=915316)

raypace1 09-09-2017 02:22 AM

Fatigue, autosubs, and injury slider effects

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 140136
What's more important for appropriate backup snaps? I'd like to keep inj at default so it doesn't affect CPU games so I think for 40 inj raise subs and fatigue? Still don't completely understand how they work, at least for fatigue.. Clint said its how many plays but do qtrs affect it too? I don't see alot of discussion about these aspects so I'd like to get it going here and see what yall think..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Cycloniac 09-09-2017 01:06 PM

Re: Fatigue, autosubs, and injuries

Quote:

Originally Posted by raypace1 (Post 2048998531)
Attachment 140136
What's more important for appropriate backup snaps? I'd like to keep inj at default so it doesn't affect CPU games so I think for 40 inj raise subs and fatigue? Still don't completely understand how they work, at least for fatigue.. Clint said its how many plays but do qtrs affect it too? I don't see alot of discussion about these aspects so I'd like to get it going here and see what yall think..

Fatigue = how quickly players tire

Injuries = likelehood per play that a player can get injured.

Therefore, if quarter length is higher, there is a higher chance per game that players get injured, and a higher chance that player performance will be affected by fatigue.

The higher fatigue is, the higher chance players have of being injured; fatigue is directly proportional to injuries.

raypace1 09-09-2017 01:35 PM

Well yes, inj slider affects chance per play but how does fatigue work? Its the number of plays but it's it consistent through the game or as the quarters go by are they fatigued more? Does it increase at the end of quarters or half?

Cycloniac 09-09-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raypace1 (Post 2048999242)
Well yes, inj slider affects chance per play but how does fatigue work? Its the number of plays but it's it consistent through the game or as the quarters go by are they fatigued more? Does it increase at the end of quarters or half?

How quickly players fatigue is affected by their stamina/endurance/whatever it's called, and the fatigue slider. The longer quarter length is increases the fatigue threshold i.e. how much a player can be fatigued in a game/how low a player's energy level gets.

I believe energy is slightly replenished at the end of quarters.

raypace1 09-09-2017 07:41 PM

Re: Fatigue, autosubs, and injury slider effects

So if the game is tuned for 6 min qtrs and we increase it by 1.5, inj goes to 10 but does fatigue go up or down?

NimitsTexan 09-10-2017 03:07 AM

In a 126 snap game, you should be seeing an average of 3-4 injuries per team (that is the historic rate for the NFL the last few years). In very limited testing, it seems that with injuries at 40, and fatigue at default, that is about what I am seeing; three games in to a Patriots franchise, I three players with long term injuries, and about four or five that missed significant portions of a single game. If fatigue is raised, arguably injuries should be lowered a little, but I am not sure that injuries need to be lowered to 20. Most video game players do not like realistic injury rates, so I feel the games are tuned to be more forgiving.

cooper417 09-11-2017 11:39 AM

Just started our CFM with 32 users, All pro, 7 min qtrs, 25 sec accel clock.

Set our injury slider to 30, rest are default at 50.

I had 6 injuries in the 1st qtr, lost 4 players for the game 2 were 5 week sholder tears.

Lost:
Bell (game)
Haden (5 weeks)
Harrison (4 weeks)
WR Rodgers (game)

Only 6 games played and other guys have lost players for the season- most with injury attributes of 90+

I think we are moving the slider to 20 for our games that run around 90ish snaps per game.

Just curious if this was an issue for anyone else....