Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   All-pro, CPU canīt run (/forums/showthread.php?t=91533)

booker21 08-10-2004 12:22 PM

All-pro, CPU canīt run

Iīm the only one concern about the CPU running game?
i played 3 games last night with different teams and none of them was able to put rushing yards against me, I played with good and bad defense and it was the same, shuting down the HB was too easy...

on 1 game Dunn had 20 att for 10 yds 0.5ypc :(

i know slides could "fix" this but then the OL will have tons of pancakes...beside iīm not so sure if the sliders will fix it.

anyone tried to tweak this?

Again, iīm talking all pro, i donīt want to play on all madden since i donīt have the level to play there yet.

ChiTownKid 08-10-2004 12:37 PM

Re: All-pro, CPU canīt run

Quote:

Originally Posted by booker21
Iīm the only one concern about the CPU running game?
i played 3 games last night with different teams and none of them was able to put rushing yards against me, I played with good and bad defense and it was the same, shuting down the HB was too easy...

on 1 game Dunn had 20 att for 10 yds 0.5ypc :(

i know slides could "fix" this but then the OL will have tons of pancakes...beside iīm not so sure if the sliders will fix it.

anyone tried to tweak this?

Again, iīm talking all pro, i donīt want to play on all madden since i donīt have the level to play there yet.

I just played an All-Pro game vs. the Packers. Ahman Green ran for 76 yards on 23 attempts, for a 3.3 average. Seems ok to me.

poster 08-10-2004 12:57 PM

Westbrook of the Eagles tore me up when I was Tenn. and the browns ran well against me too when i was the Bears.

Graphik 08-10-2004 01:01 PM

Say booker, are you calling any defensive adjustments pre-snap? It may be that you're doing to good with it. I highly doubt it though. I suggest you give it more time. Or just mess around with the sliders.

Pared 08-10-2004 01:02 PM

Maybe you're just that damn good...?

<b>FEAR THE 'D.'</b>

booker21 08-10-2004 01:13 PM

LOL, no really i just play cover 2 and most zones...some Man to man, but most are zones, i donīt blitz at all....

i hope you guys are right but i was on other site and people were saying stuff like "..cpu sucks at running". you will need to bump sliders..etc etc..

iīll try more games since i only played 3 games so....but from what i saw the cpu do suck. Maybe u guys are playing on all madden? :p

ok ok, iīll give more time...

ryestye 08-10-2004 01:13 PM

Do you use a 4-3 or 3-4 team?

Dice 08-10-2004 01:18 PM

Bump up the RB Ability and Run Blocking up by 5.

Also, lower the Def.Awareness on defense by 5.

EA has put a lot of emphasis on defense this year. Maybe just a little too much. I'm noticing with the Def.Awareness on default low rated defensive players are hitting the gaps WAY TOO EASY and stuff the run. That's why I lowered my Def.Awareness by 5 and that has helped the CPU running game a lot.