Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Problems rushing! (/forums/showthread.php?t=915459)

Resurrection403 09-10-2017 08:31 PM

Problems rushing!

I am having so many issues rushing in Madden 18. I'm a vet of the game series who's taken a number of years off, and even with HUMAN blocking at 70 (on all madden) I find the line collapses a lot. I still manage decent yards per carry, but on the goal line or inside the opponent 5, every time I hand off it's literally like the other team is in my back field as I'm already handing off.

Help a vet who took time off learn to run in this new gen!

(not having a lot of issues anywhere else in game, kicking throwing D etc)

405Cowboy 09-11-2017 02:11 PM

Re: Problems rushing!

I found it extremely hard to run the ball this year and passing is even worse, way too many interceptions. Also if you play 1P VS 2P the sliders you made in the options menu only work on one controller while the other controller has default sliders. Wish they would finally fix this and bring back the rewind button.

IcedCoffee1983 09-11-2017 03:26 PM

There is one person here (Charter04) who makes a slider set for All-Madden, and I believe he has Human Run Blocking all the way up to 90.

You should check his sliders out.

CM Hooe 09-11-2017 04:14 PM

Having no issues running the ball over here. Admittedly I play as strong running teams (Cowboys and Titans). You have to know how your blocks are setting up this year on a per-concept basis, and you have to follow your blocks. The days of just sprinting to the outside to run the ball are by-and-large over.

Two things I have found helpful in specific to M18: I now use the higher-angle camera during run plays, which is two steps back from the default and one further back from the "classic" Madden camera. This helps me see how blocks are developing downfield easier. I'm also sprinting behind the line of scrimmage far less, especially on outside zone run plays which are the bread and butter of my rushing offense.

pesci 09-11-2017 05:14 PM

Cm Hooe is correct in knowing how your blocking set's up o your plays. And don't hit sprint right away and follow your blocks. I play with the rams online currently 13-5 and run all over my opponent's. Are you having issues in h2h or vs the cpu?

4thQtrStre5S 09-11-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2049003217)
Having no issues running the ball over here. Admittedly I play as strong running teams (Cowboys and Titans). You have to know how your blocks are setting up this year on a per-concept basis, and you have to follow your blocks. The days of just sprinting to the outside to run the ball are by-and-large over.

Two things I have found helpful in specific to M18: I now use the higher-angle camera during run plays, which is two steps back from the default and one further back from the "classic" Madden camera. This helps me see how blocks are developing downfield easier. I'm also sprinting behind the line of scrimmage far less, especially on outside zone run plays which are the bread and butter of my rushing offense.

Excellent advice - I would like to add - play around with ID the Mike.. It can turn a poor run play into a good play. This includes also ID'ing a DL player, so just don't focus on a LB.

On sweep i'll even ID a CB.

reyes the roof 09-11-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesci (Post 2049003302)
Cm Hooe is correct in knowing how your blocking set's up o your plays. And don't hit sprint right away and follow your blocks. I play with the rams online currently 13-5 and run all over my opponent's. Are you having issues in h2h or vs the cpu?

I stay away from the sprint button all together until I'm in to the secondary, otherwise the second I hit it no matter how big the hole is guys come off blocks and tackle me

oneamongthefence 09-11-2017 08:43 PM

If you sprint behind the line of scrimmage the defenders will instashed blocks and tackle you every time.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app