Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden's future of CFM is alarming (/forums/showthread.php?t=915563)

T4VERTS 09-12-2017 09:42 AM

Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:

Originally Posted by extremeskins04 (Post 2049004507)
But Verts, I was actually excited for Live this year considering how they pooled their resources to work on it's Franchise mode. Then I see this review from Pasta and am blown away. Now granted we haven't played it yet, but the review is very concerning.

If Live's franchise mode blew the doors off, then I could be like "ok I can have some hope for Madden's CFM because they know what they're doing", but I can't after reading this.

I'm not commenting on Live because the info I have on that is limited. I am simply stating the "road map" laid out by crimson of doom and gloom isn't something I have heard from people on the inside. Maybe he has better connections then me, but from what I hear they are optimistic about resource allocation heading in to 19. That can all change when they hit the "big decision" meetings here soon.

SteelD34KC 09-12-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toupal (Post 2049004506)
I can agree with that. The question is where did they go wrong? The NFL exclusive deal allowed for EA to become lazy. That laziness evolved over time, and now we are to the point where the did NOTHING to franchise mode.

I can't wait to see how the try to top that for Madden 19. Take features out maybe?

They do that every few cycles, then rerelease said features as brand new OMFG look at what we did features.

Armor and Sword 09-12-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4VERTS (Post 2049004491)
This isn't what I have heard out of EA at all from guys that are pretty candid in their takes on the current state of CFM and the future.

Keep up the great work with your interviews from the actual guys who you know....work on the game.

Madden 17 we did get some new features (Practice Squads, Injury decisions although they are stale and obvious, weekly game preparation which has actually turned into a CPU AI balance mechanism).

Again....CFM is not where we would all like it. But you have a camp that despises the XP model and hate to break it to you......it does not seem it is ever going away. SO I make the best of it with TDawgs XP sliders and house rules.

Crap we have had house rules for Madden going back to 2005 (The Manifesto) and have had to go through all kinds of hoops throughout sports gaming history to make console franchise modes more “sim”. It’s like some people have forgotten how horrid NFL 2K5’s franchise mode was (except for presentation) and how horrid the CPU logic was.

SO I house rule franchise mode on CFM......and make up my own storylines and do write ups and streams and quite frankly I am having a great time.

Sorry some can’t find any enjoyment out of this game. It's far from perfect (and I was going to trade it in before the 1.02 patch), but since M25 IMO it has gotten better and better in terms of gameplay (for the most part).

I want them to focus on AI......CPU AI needs to be the #1 priority......because if CPU QB’s were on point as well as teams playing like their real life counterparts like they do on MLB The Show and NBA 2K.......most Madden players here would be jumping for joy and having a great time with CFM which has plenty of functionality.

More than it get's credit for.

Yeah we have to come up with house rules and workarounds........yeah so?

What's new?

Same thing is being done on 2K’s glorious My league and MLB The SHow’s Franchise mode.

Make it work for yourself.....as long as the “gameplay” is on point it is a really fun game.

And this year they did tune up the CPU AI in the offseason and draft. I have done a lot of “sims" and it is a big improvement from Madden 15-17. That is a huge plus IMO.

EA NEEDS TO FOCUS ON THE CPU AI FOR SOLITAIRE OFFLINE PLAYERS!!!!

That is where the resources need to go SimNation!!!!

T4VERTS 09-12-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2049004527)

Clint stated this year in our interview that his single biggest desired feature is to improve CPU AI. Specifically he'd like to see better adaptive AI for CPU that can better understand situations and recognize patters on offense and defense.

extremeskins04 09-12-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2049004527)

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4VERTS (Post 2049004531)
Clint stated this year in our interview that his single biggest desired feature is to improve CPU AI. Specifically he'd like to see better adaptive AI for CPU that can better understand situations and recognize patters on offense and defense.

I'd be good with 3-5 CFM features from Deuce's post along with a big improvement to the CPU AI especially QB's. I just want confidence in this company's ability to implement these features as well as their willingness too even if it doesn't make them extra cash.

I want to see them not just be in it for the $$$ but also take care of their offline loyal base as well.

roadman 09-12-2017 10:02 AM

Blow up EA? Seriously, after a deadly hurricane came through? Time to enjoy the quieter slider forum.

Continue onward.

extremeskins04 09-12-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049004547)
Blow up EA? Seriously, after a deadly hurricane came through? Time to enjoy the quieter slider forum.

Continue onward.

Road come on, I wasn't "taking shots" at EA. I was simply posting a review and a concern regarding the future of this game's CFM because it's the same team that worked on Live's franchise.

roadman 09-12-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extremeskins04 (Post 2049004562)
Road come on, I wasn't "taking shots" at EA. I was simply posting a review and a concern regarding the future of this game's CFM because it's the same team that worked on Live's franchise.

Where did I say you were ES? Careful, I'll start calling you EA instead.lol