Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   A Little Thing Called Difficulty (/forums/showthread.php?t=915568)

scitychamps87 09-11-2017 11:08 PM

A Little Thing Called Difficulty

Alright... O.S., I have a confession. I'm not one to use sliders. I enjoyed Madden 17 thoroughly last year playing on All-Pro then progressing to All-Madden default with slow game speed. It felt perfect and led me to play 9 very realistic seasons in CFM last year. I like Madden 18 a lot. Default All-Pro is definitely improved...but it seems to be getting a little easy, especially in terms of stopping the CPU offense. They seem to have no rushing attack, blocking, or killer instinct to score. I can win almost every game but it's certainly not a blowout. I need a little more challenge. Yet my trick of All-Madden slow game speed isn't quite working either as I did a couple test games and let's just put it this way, the CPU bears made my user Tom Brady look like Blake Bortles. I really don't want to have to use sliders if I don't need to. I like keeping things as close to default sim as possible. I just want to replicate the fight of the NFL without feeling cheesed or like I'm winning more than I should. This place has some really dedicated community members and I'm opening myself up to all the lovely suggestions, potentially including sliders. Alright, fellow CFM'ers lay it on me. :popcorn:

Prilosec 09-12-2017 10:19 AM

I say return to madden 17 and make madden 18 your second option.

scitychamps87 09-12-2017 10:23 AM

Re: A Little Thing Called Difficulty

I wonder if this thread is better suited for the sliders sub-forum.

Bondsfan 09-12-2017 10:48 AM

Use play the moment. You will lose some all pro games and win some all madden games strictly because of the sim portions of the games. It will help balance things out.

Play all home games on all pro.
Play all away games on all madden.
Play all Super Bowl on AllMadden, but dont use PTM.

Herschie 09-12-2017 11:37 AM

I have the same problem. All-pro is too easy, but the computer pulls all sorts of bull on All-Madden.

PhillyPhanatic14 09-12-2017 12:24 PM

Yeah it's tough because i play in a 16 user cloud CFM and when I play other CFM's i want them to have the same sliders, so messing with sliders isn't much of an option for me.

But on the other hand, I can consistently put up 550yds and 8tds with any QB and limit the CPU to less than 25 points while scoring 42-77. The CPU strategy every game is the same. 1st down- run. 2nd down- run. 3rd down- pass. Easy to stop and easy to win and it's a bit frustrating to not have a challenge against CPU.

(5 min Q, All Pro, No sliders or Accel Clock)

scitychamps87 09-12-2017 08:35 PM

I wonder how much of this issue (seen from many Madden players, especially sim players) is related to AI rather than difficulty. Either way, I like Madden 18, I'm just in an awful spot with it now. I just want true-to-ratings gameplay! It's not too much to ask.

LocDawg5050 09-12-2017 08:36 PM

OP...u need to try Pro...heavy sliders adjustments...some higher for cpu n user is lowered a bit....but the CPU play call is better n CPU running is beast. No warrping and ratings shine bright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk