Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nascar Heat 2 Impressions..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=915590)

polyduster 09-21-2017 04:28 PM

Re: Nascar Heat 2 Impressions.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boogee134 (Post 2049028649)
Any ways to do full season in split-screen local multiplayer or is it just for quick races ?

Quick races only

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kneebon5 09-21-2017 05:42 PM

One thing that is annoying me so far is having to do the Hot Seat races. I wish I could turn them down, wait for ones at tracks I like, or just not do them until I have had a full season in the series I am in. Maybe I am missing where to do this, but I really dont want to do xfinity races until the end of the year.

StoneCalf 09-21-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kneebon5 (Post 2049029204)
One thing that is annoying me so far is having to do the Hot Seat races. I wish I could turn them down, wait for ones at tracks I like, or just not do them until I have had a full season in the series I am in. Maybe I am missing where to do this, but I really dont want to do xfinity races until the end of the year.

I'm pretty sure I ready that you can't decline a Hot Seat race, and I agree that's annoying, as I'd prefer to have a little more control of my career.

Now that the patch has dropped on XB1, I'm planning on getting a career started soon.

Murph 09-22-2017 11:10 AM

The reason you can't skip the hot seat races is that's the only way you can move up to the higher division. If you satisfy their race requirement (finish top 22), they end up offering you a contract the next season.

Hunkerdown 09-22-2017 07:33 PM

Is the game worth it for a offline career racer? races okay with controller?

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 18 - Falcons Offline CFM
NBA 2K18 - Hawks myleague
FIFA 18 - TBD
NHL 18 - maybe

Freakywwe 09-22-2017 11:38 PM

Yes, been playing fine with a controller. Have had to turn stability assists on to stop from spinning out, but it still plays great

mcavner 09-23-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakywwe (Post 2049032167)
Yes, been playing fine with a controller. Have had to turn stability assists on to stop from spinning out, but it still plays great

Yeah, I need the stability assist on any of the smaller tracks. Actually, on most of the tracks. Unfortunately, I need to go and tinker in setup to qualify in a decent spot. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation - because I can't qualify with stability off and then run the race with stability on.

My solution at present is to run longer races to give me time to work my way up from the poor qualifying position because with short races I inevitably just run out of laps. But I kinda am getting tired of always starting last and working my way into the mix. Too predictable (as opposed to the predictable that is me spinning out somewhere along the line if stability is off).

So, to mix analogies, I want my cake and want to eat it too. At my present skill level I need stability as a slider option rather than as a game mode, as it were.

mcavner 09-23-2017 11:52 AM

And to the question "is this game fun?" Well, I rearranged my entire rec room and positioned my chair directly in front of the TV, and now the couches are along the sides and everyone else's view of the TV is compromised... because screw you family... I'm racing. :)