Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nascar Heat 2 Impressions..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=915590)

Matty86 09-12-2017 03:36 PM

Re: Nascar Heat 2 Impressions.....

A little worried about Brandon saying the yellow didn't come out on a big wreck... hope that was a one off occurrence. Interested in peoples career mode feedback, as that's probably the only mode I'll play if I pick this up.

brandon27 09-12-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravesfan1984 (Post 2049005127)
Really hope they can get the caution flag stuff fixed, kind of ruins it when it should come out but doesn't. Are DNFs in and working well?

Keep in mind, it was an in and out quick race. I'm 99% sure caution flags were enabled though. As I mentioned you have to be above I think it's 7% race distance to enable flag rules. I'll mess around with the AI more tonight and make sure flags are on and report back.

Votto4MVP 09-12-2017 04:34 PM

I didn't get NHE, but am considering this edition. Does anybody know if the PC edition is fully featured? (Just asking, because I remember Madden kind of skimping out on features back when they even made a PC version).

If so, does anyone have any opinion on whether this would be a better buy for PC or PS4?

bluengold34_OS 09-12-2017 05:28 PM

Nascar Heat 2 Impressions.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Votto4MVP (Post 2049005469)
I didn't get NHE, but am considering this edition. Does anybody know if the PC edition is fully featured? (Just asking, because I remember Madden kind of skimping out on features back when they even made a PC version).

If so, does anyone have any opinion on whether this would be a better buy for PC or PS4?

If it's like last year, the only difference would be the ability to go higher resolution than console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brandon27 09-12-2017 06:34 PM

Guys... the fun at Eldora is some of those most fun I've had. Who said Nascar drivers only turn left?? lol What a blast that was. Bit difficult to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, what a blast. Qualified 25th first race, finished 14th in a 10 lap affair. Then I ran it again, qualified 14th once I got the hang of it. I finished that race in 3rd.

Mo 09-12-2017 06:56 PM

Maybe this was a quick race quirk(still not okay), but zero cautions and went into pits first and came out last car on lead lap every time(during cautions for stages ending)

Big negative if that isnt fixed.

Which is a shame cause the racing is fun.

brandon27 09-12-2017 06:58 PM

So there's possibly an issue IMO with respect to cautions. I was in a trucks race at Bristol. I intentionally spun a lapped truck, came around for the next lap and I unexpectedly plowed into it as it was sitting on the track high in turn 2. No yellows. After I hit him while parked, I regained control and kept driving. I'm sure if I'd have stopped or spun too maybe I'd have gotten a yellow. Confirmed post race, ALL FLAGS were definitely on. So, not sure what to think now.

Anyone else seeing anything similar? I'm going to do some more testing myself too.

kneebon5a 09-12-2017 07:14 PM

Stage Racing is so broke, the AI wont pit under the stage cautions, and then will like 5 laps after, so then they all go a lap down.

Put a 45 minute live broadcast together with my thoughts and to show this broken AI.

youtube.com/watch?v=pT908ieq9Ew

Also could not recover my password from my other account... so im sure you can figure out who I am.