Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NASCAR Heat 2: A Worthy Venture For NASCAR and Racing Fans Alike (/forums/showthread.php?t=915616)

Steve_OS 09-12-2017 01:00 PM

NASCAR Heat 2: A Worthy Venture For NASCAR and Racing Fans Alike

As the NASCAR playoffs approach, so does the release of 704 Games second incarnation of the...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.

brandon27 09-12-2017 02:06 PM

Re: NASCAR Heat 2: A Worthy Venture For NASCAR and Racing Fans Alike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2049004957)

As the NASCAR playoffs approach, so does the release of 704 Games second incarnation of the...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.

Generally speaking, I pretty much agree with the review. The difference in the handling model alone is enough to make the NHE1 player, fall in love with NH2. You can move yourself in and out of traffic without sliding like you're on ice, but shift the weight a bit too much with too many quick moves and you're gone, and rightly so. Combine that, with the addition of all 3 series, and the career mode enhancements, and if you enjoyed NH1 in even a slight capacity, I'd say you'll like NH2 quite a bit more, and actually want to spend time with it.

It's not all rainbows and sunshine though. Visually to me, it still leaves a lot to be desired from framerate performance, and the actual graphics. That being said, it has improved though from NH1. It's the audio that is bothering me at this point.

However, for more details on my actual impressions after only 4 quick races this morning, you can check the impression thread it interested. Generally speaking though, the review is pretty spot on. The game isn't perfect, isn't at the top of its genre, lacks some playability/customization options, and leaves a bit still to be desired, but at it's price point, and compared to the first effort, it's a pretty big step in a positive direction.

JohnDoe8865 09-12-2017 02:19 PM

Do we know if the AI ever uses alternate/DLC paint schemes in Career Mode? If not, that makes the DLC & Season Pass mostly useless IMO.

brandon27 09-12-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865 (Post 2049005128)
Do we know if the AI ever uses alternate/DLC paint schemes in Career Mode? If not, that makes the DLC & Season Pass mostly useless IMO.

I can't say for certain. Didn't check out career mode yet, and I don't think there's any DLC schemes for trucks or xfinity yet, so it would be hard to tell.

I'm pretty sure last year's game had the AI using a random selection of the paint scheme if there were multiples (maybe someone who remembers better can confirm too). If it did it last year though, I'm sure they will this year too.

martymcflyy85 09-12-2017 03:28 PM

Does this game give you the ability to download classic paint schemes? Like Jeff Gordon's Dupont or Earnhardt's number 3, or even Bill Elliott's Coors number 9? I mean, I want to really get into a NASCAR game, but I'm not interested in the drivers of today. Would jump all over this if there was a way to do old school stuff like 2k puts in their games.

bravesfan1984 09-12-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martymcflyy85 (Post 2049005287)
Does this game give you the ability to download classic paint schemes? Like Jeff Gordon's Dupont or Earnhardt's number 3, or even Bill Elliott's Coors number 9? I mean, I want to really get into a NASCAR game, but I'm not interested in the drivers of today. Would jump all over this if there was a way to do old school stuff like 2k puts in their games.

No it doesn't

medicemtp 09-12-2017 08:18 PM

Game is 10 times better then there first one..you can tell they really worked to make it better..im sure they will patch a few things along the way to improve it more but all in all i will have to say its a fun game and worth a buy..hope it sells well to keep this company going..no telling with another year under there belt how good this game can get

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk