Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   After a few weeks,what are some pros and cons of Madden 18 (/forums/showthread.php?t=915626)

Qcsports4 09-12-2017 03:00 PM

After a few weeks,what are some pros and cons of Madden 18

Now that people have had a chance to play Madden 18 for a couple of weeks.
I'd like to know what are some of the pros and cons of some of the key areas that are really going to determine if I'm going to get it a little later after the price goes down.

1. Has the blocking improved overall and how does it effect the run game and screen plays?

2. The targeting pass system. How difficult is it to utilize and does it cause you not to move your QB around in the pocket(I can always turn this option off in the settings)?

3. How do the Simulation and Competitive settings effect your sliders and which provide for a more balanced simulation playstyle?

4.I know I posted about this in regards to Madden 17 and not very many of you noticed it in that game but, when you first turn Madden 18 on, does the CPU team seem to be playing at a maxed out level(you restart the game and this time the CPU plays more balanced with how you have the sliders set)? Just wondering if EA fixed this for this years games(Madden 18 and NHL 18)?

blazeoc 09-12-2017 04:24 PM

Re: After a few weeks,what are some pros and cons of Madden 18

One thing that bothers me is in franchise mode I win the coin toss every single time. It’s so stupid but it bugs the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toupal 09-12-2017 04:32 PM

Con: Franchise Mode

Find_the_Door 09-12-2017 04:36 PM

Safety play on deep zones is quite possibly the worst it's ever been. They completely ignore who's in front of them.

Black Bruce Wayne 09-12-2017 05:01 PM

Pros: New animations, Frostbite, somewhat improved AI.

Cons: CFM, CPU QB awareness in the pocket, Weak zones

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JoshC1977 09-12-2017 05:32 PM

My thoughts on M18 compared to M17 (and not a diatribe on what we 'wish' were in it)

Pros of M18:
  • Lighting improved
  • Improved menu speed (seriously....like major improvement)
  • Line dynamics on run blocking very good. Pass blocking still has that darn timer attached to it which keeps things a bit too static. Overall, it's improved a lot from M17
  • Franchise mode stable with few issues and many legacy issues ironed-out
  • Pass coverage, run game, QB (in)accuracy are outstanding with pure default settings
Con:
  • Game balancing is a bit fragile, really necessitating the use of default sliders/settings to avoid major QB AI issues.
Other notes (to address your other questions):
  • QB targeting mechanic is completely optional...thank god....
  • Not sure about competitive, most of us are using simulation for sliders, though Arcade settings have some little advantages (i.e. no timer in the pocket)
  • Game-to-game stability within CFM is better. Any time you change a setting, you now get a profile save notification within CFM. Which basically means that old "one game to lock-in sliders" adage is no longer true.

aukoustics 09-13-2017 12:48 AM

They have to make it more realistic

ggsimmonds 09-13-2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Find_the_Door (Post 2049005477)
Safety play on deep zones is quite possibly the worst it's ever been. They completely ignore who's in front of them.

THIS!

Deep safety continues dropping back looking at the QB while a streak or post is in his vicinity. Only after the QB throws does he turn his hips but by then, he is not catching the WR.

Absolutely dreadful and is more of a problem to me than statue QB is.