Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Does CPU use scouting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=916477)

Kotter 09-18-2017 06:57 PM

Does CPU use scouting?

As far as I can tell they don't scout during the regular season, but do they scout at all? I'm trying to keep the playing field as level as possible so I want to know what information CPU teams have when it comes to the draft.

Datninja619 09-18-2017 07:02 PM

Re: Does CPU use scouting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotter (Post 2049021336)
As far as I can tell they don't scout during the regular season, but do they scout at all? I'm trying to keep the playing field as level as possible so I want to know what information CPU teams have when it comes to the draft.

The only way I think anyone would know is if they switched to a current coach mid-season.

I think your real concern, is addressed by the improved CPU draft logic this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

reyes the roof 09-18-2017 07:17 PM

This is just a guess, but I would have to say yes they use it. There were a bunch of guys projected to go in the 1st round that were available in the 2nd and I think even in the 3rd round when I did a draft yesterday, so that tells me they're using some sort of scouting. If not, I'd imagine they'd draft guys based on projections

The Chef 09-18-2017 07:58 PM

I was told by someone on here that they use it but not in the traditional sense like we do. I switch to my opponent every week to set their gameplan for the week (for more info see Armor's thread in slider section) and every single week the CPU has something like 400 scouting points unused. They clearly scout on some level and don't appear to be drafting blind but for whatever reason it isn't depicted in the scouting points shown when changing to a CPU opponent.

Kotter 09-18-2017 08:22 PM

Yeah I noticed that too while controlling a coach week by week to set the gameplan, that's why I was curious.

I jumped ahead in a test sim CFM and took control of a coach/team the week of the draft and sure enough when it was that team's pick I went to select a player and they didn't have any scouted players.

In last year's game I could have a better/deeper draft than all of the other teams due to human scouting (not even using the scouting tool). I think I'm going to try someone's suggestion of only scouting during the offseason so as not to have as many scouting points to use (as opposed to using them every week). I'll see if that helps.

Other Guy 09-19-2017 02:33 AM

I don't think the cpu has to scout in the traditional sense (i.e., spending points on a weekly basis, building a draft board, etc). I think that when the draft begins the cpu has knowledge of every player's skills and overall ratings. From there, it's programmed to make logical picks with a certain amount of variation (sleepers/busts) built in.

jawbrkr 02-06-2018 09:57 PM

What if I set the cpu to auto scout for my user controlled team? How does that work? So far I have no information regarding whether this setting works.

Holmesx10 02-07-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawbrkr (Post 2049219739)
What if I set the cpu to auto scout for my user controlled team? How does that work? So far I have no information regarding whether this setting works.

They will auto scout for you if you have the setting for it and your sinning your weeks. Test it for yourself. I was running through seasons real quick to look at rookie players and was using the CPU’s scouting to draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports