Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Obscene amount of defensive scores (/forums/showthread.php?t=916503)

mennico 09-18-2017 10:05 PM

Obscene amount of defensive scores

Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous amount of interceptions that almost always get returned for a touchdown? It seems as if the offensive players are on a different game speed then the defense.

Has anybody figured out a way to make this part of the game a little more realistic?

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 09-19-2017 12:03 AM

Re: Obscene amount of defensive scores

Stop throwing ill-advised passes? That would be my guess. :59:

ggsimmonds 09-19-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2049022069)
Stop throwing ill-advised passes? That would be my guess. :59:

True, but defensive scores are far too common for both user and cpu. It pushes the points per game up to unrealistically high values. And it is not just interceptions either, most QB fumbles are returned for TDs as well.

Its not about the number of interceptions, its about the percentage of ints that are pick 6s

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 09-19-2017 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2049022172)
True, but defensive scores are far too common for both user and cpu. It pushes the points per game up to unrealistically high values. And it is not just interceptions either, most QB fumbles are returned for TDs as well.

Its not about the number of interceptions, its about the percentage of ints that are pick 6s

Maybe the CPU should stop throwing ill-advised passes too?:popcorn:

Hehe, I'll be here all week...

4thQtrStre5S 09-19-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2049022172)

When I get a hit-stick on a kick returner, it is an easy 6 points; its as if the player recovering the fumble actually warps ahead about 5 yards just as the camera is flipping around for the change of direction.

Interceptions should increase with ill advised throws, but warping of defenders into positions should decrease.

howboutdat 09-19-2017 08:16 AM

just from some games ive played in , and watched played in our league , all user vs user, it sure seems like when you int the ball your defender is just faster than everyone else. Like if you actually get close to running them down, somehow they get a boost to just get far enough out of reach. It def feels like this as many in our league have even mentioned it , and they dont use social media to get this idea from others, its not a placebo .Its how it feels.

mennico 09-19-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2049022545)
just from some games ive played in , and watched played in our league , all user vs user, it sure seems like when you int the ball your defender is just faster than everyone else. Like if you actually get close to running them down, somehow they get a boost to just get far enough out of reach. It def feels like this as many in our league have even mentioned it , and they dont use social media to get this idea from others, its not a placebo .Its how it feels.

Yes that's what I'm referring to. The defensive player is like a rocket and everyone is standing still. I'm not complaining about the interceptions because they are apart of the game and for the most part are made because of bad decisions. There just seems to be too many returned uncontested for a score.

timhere1970 09-19-2017 08:49 AM

A lot of it comes from late short throws to the outside. From the user and the cpu checking down. The cpu often morphs to the ball late in close games. It is part of the keep it close mechanic in the game. Also, i cant remember a blocked punt or field goal that was not returned for a td. Same reason 95% of my fumbles are in the fourth in a two score or less game.