Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Every team stacked (/forums/showthread.php?t=916712)

jake19ny 09-20-2017 10:45 AM

Every team stacked

Is it me or did EA make it super easy to stack your team this year? It's not even a week from release and I easily have a team that took me 2 months to build last year and everyone I play has an equally stacked team. Kind of takes some of the fun out of it.

jake19ny 09-20-2017 11:21 AM

Re: Every team stacked

To add to the above I just played a guy who had

Malkin
McDavid
Terashanko
Kane
Ovechkin
Karlsson
Burns
Holtby

Without spending hundreds that should take months

Ruffy 09-20-2017 12:23 PM

Most guys playing early are the spenders.....remember if that's all you play.....and the only game you play spending some serious $$ at the start of HUT isn't a bad idea.

I also like the hard cards to be hard to get....my problem with NHL is that there is so many upgrade cards (TOTW, Movembers, etc.) You can always get a better version of the same card...

For example... Rookie McDavid is a 85, his base card is an 89 and I am sure at some point he will get upgrades and have a TOTW card.

I'm fine with people getting good players....i want them to have a variety of tourneys that force you to field different line-ups. All Bronzes,, all silvers etc.

Ruffy 10-03-2017 01:07 PM

I feel I have a really good team and have not spent mega $$. I have had one glorious pull as well in Patty Kane.

Here's my line-up. All Base Cards except for McDavid, he is the rookie pre-order card I got.

Line 1 - Laine - Kuznetzov - P. Kane
Line 2 - Nylander - McDavid - Mathews
Line 3 - Saad - Eichel - Simmonds
Line 4 - Tatar - J. Staal - Helm

D1 - Ekman-Larson - Ekblad
D2 - Giordano - Klingberg
D3 - Gostisbehere - Schultz

G - Schneider - Fluery

Other Than Patty Kane any player I bought with coins could be had for around 15K. Some much less.

I pulled, Kane, Kuznetsov, McDavid (pre-order), Ekman-Larson as far as good players go.

I bough Mathews, Nylander, Giordano, Laine, Ekblad,both goalies and Eichel with coins from playing the game and selling off collectibles I got in my pre-order packs that I saw more value in selling than keeping.

It doesn't take that much to put a pretty competitive team together.

Mike Lowe 05-12-2018 03:24 AM

This is my typical HUT experience:

I'll out maneuver, out strategize, I'll control time of possession 3 to 1, out pass % them, faceoffs 5 to 1, double the shots, but I'll lose 5-3 because every shot their 99 ovr guy takes from anywhere just goes in lol

Oh well, I play HUT once every 3 months so...just hoping it's tightened up a bit for next year. Apparently my 92 ovr guys can't cut it!

Mike Lowe 05-12-2018 03:36 AM

To follow up w this, I'd love to see:

1) CFM make its way back. The competition in this game is a lot of fun w a proper talent distribution.

2) Add in a HUT league/division that is capped like an average NHL playoff team, at best.

RedBull1973 05-14-2018 12:17 PM

I honestly hope the Battlefront 2 fiasco makes it way through the EA Ultimate Team game modes and they get a full-on refresh because it's all about the money and nothing else the way it is now.

HendoWPG 01-10-2019 10:27 AM

EA gives you the illusion that your team is "stacked" by throwing big names at you. Sure, you have a McDavid, but he's only 85 overall. They have done the same thing with Madden.

Only thing that would solve the problem is a salary cap or overall cap. But they would NEVER do that because people would hit a certain point and then stop buying NHL points. Sad reality of microtransactions.