Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2K18 Patch Wishlist (/forums/showthread.php?t=916898)

NewBreed1 09-21-2017 07:22 PM

2K18 Patch Wishlist

Was wondering if this is something we could get stickied? Something Czar, LD2K, etc can see easier when they enter the forums.

Gameplay as a whole feels good to me. The game as a whole is great. I'll let you other guys who have spent more time with the game give any input if there is any.

For me, I'll start with art-related stuff I'd like to see patched.

1) Player Body Edit

The ability to edit current NBA players' bodies (wingspan, torso, shoulder width).

This is huge for many people who create custom rosters. This is something that's been in the game for the past X amount of years. I have no idea why it was taken out (even tho CAP still has it).

A lot of players in the game look way off, because their arms aren't long enough. Or, their torso is too long/legs too short. And shoulders way too wide.

This alone is killing my 2K18 experience. Seeing a guy like Thon Maker with a wider body and short arms just makes me cringe. It really takes away from the realism.

So please 2k, bring this back.

2) Court lighting

So many arenas look so dark, The lighting in 2K16 was bad. Last year it improved. This year it seems to have taken a big step back.

Now, the Lakers court in the game looks pretty bright. Maybe get the other courts on that level of lighting at least.

3) Court reflections

Courts look quite dull this year. Barley any light or player reflections on the floor. I think you can see more light reflections in 2K cam. But in Broadcast cam, forget about it.

3) Bring back Broadcast Generic cam

This is the camera I always used (with adjusted height/zoom). It's been in the game for year. Yet, they decided to get rid of it this year. Now, there is a Broadcast Zoom and Broadcast Low cam, but even after messing with the height/zoom, I can't get the same angle I like. The other Broadcast cam seem to look like Broadcast Generic, but it doesn't allow you to zoom or adjust height.

4) Thinner Legs

Last year they seemed to have done a better job with this. This year guys' legs (not every one, but the majority) are just too thick. Most NBA players have SKINNY legs. Even if they're ripped upstairs. (see photo below of Thon and Giannis)

Not sure if this is patchable, but I swear last year, legs were on the thicker side at launch, then one day I noticed they were quite skinny. Not sure if it was part of a patch...or if I was just imagining things.

renome 09-21-2017 07:29 PM

Re: 2K18 Patch Wishlist

Most def. Thanks Breed for posting this.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Operation Sports mobile app

flexbrook0 09-21-2017 07:38 PM

Am I the only one that thinks the lighting looks better in created arenas?

TheBigTee 09-21-2017 07:42 PM

My only wish is for them to add back an option to do expansion team in myGM (aside from fixing all the bugs and issues in myGM/myLeague)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

SuperNova854 09-21-2017 08:12 PM

I have a strange request, but I really wish they would put the stats how they used to be. Meaning I'd like the games played and MPG to be at the beginning of the stat screen as opposed to what they changed it to. (PPG is first now)

coolcras7 09-21-2017 08:31 PM

The only things I want address is CPU offensive rebounding being really high, and CPU not leaving good jump shooters open on the corners.

cdub71323 09-21-2017 08:36 PM

I would love the option to use custom rosters in MyPlayer. That might be a tall task, but there's not really team-centric cutscenes

Miggyman 09-21-2017 09:32 PM

to be able to edit wingspan, arm length, shoulder width, body length

updated hairstyles... i mean they updated manu 05 spurs just like that... might as well update the others