Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   Rotation Timeline 2K18 (/forums/showthread.php?t=916935)

EpicNarry 09-22-2017 02:48 AM

Rotation Timeline 2K18

Now we have rotation time in roster editor. I think it is very good and can replicate real life custom rotation. What I do not know is if the rotation will break if someone got injured or in foul trouble.

javov10 09-22-2017 12:42 PM

Re: Rotation Timeline 2K18

I think this is the perfect page;
http://nbarotations.info/

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

aholbert32 09-22-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicNarry (Post 2049030264)
Now we have rotation time in roster editor. I think it is very good and can replicate real life custom rotation. What I do not know is if the rotation will break if someone got injured or in foul trouble.

It breaks if someone gets injured or fouls out. The CPU also doesnt take players out if a person is in foul trouble.

dramachild11 09-22-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javov10 (Post 2049030969)

It's the perfect site I used it all last year.. only issue I can see is that they changed the way the rotation breaks down in this game an I'm having a little trouble figuring it out

SonicMage 09-22-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javov10 (Post 2049030969)

I tried using it and it has its fair share of problems. If a franchise player is injured for much of the season, they'll show up with a lightly colored bar because this page assumes all players played all 82 games. It also seems to have problems when players are traded mid-season. For instance look at Deron Williams for both the Cavs and the Mavs, or DeMarcus Cousins on the Kings/Pelicans.

In a perfect world where no one gets injured or misses games, it's perfect.

EDIT: It also breaks down when accounting for garbage time. Look at the Warriors example in the image. If rotations were created strictly based on that chart, Ian Clark and Patrick McCaw would almost be guaranteed to be in the lineup at the end of games. But we know the chart looks that way because the Warriors tended to blow opposing teams out. So its really more of a guideline, than a strict one-to-one way to set the rotation charts.

dramachild11 09-22-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMage (Post 2049031658)
I tried using it and it has its fair share of problems. If a franchise player is injured for much of the season, they'll show up with a lightly colored bar because this page assumes all players played all 82 games. It also seems to have problems when players are traded mid-season. For instance look at Deron Williams for both the Cavs and the Mavs, or DeMarcus Cousins on the Kings/Pelicans.

In a perfect world where no one gets injured or misses games, it's perfect.

EDIT: It also breaks down when accounting for garbage time. Look at the Warriors example in the image. If rotations were created strictly based on that chart, Ian Clark and Patrick McCaw would almost be guaranteed to be in the lineup at the end of games. But we know the chart looks that way because the Warriors tended to blow opposing teams out. So its really more of a guideline, than a strict one-to-one way to set the rotation charts.

That's where sample size comes into play , usually I would take a 10 game sample of games decided by 10 points or less an go off of that, so when fouls or garbage time come into the equation I would just use my best judgement

JoFri 09-22-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicNarry;

What about free throws? It messed up in 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aholbert32 09-23-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoFri (Post 2049032123)
What about free throws? It messed up in 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That only happened if the person who was supposed to get taken out got fouled and had to shoot the free throws. That wasnt a big issue because the AI would immediately correct itself at the next dead ball.