Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=917451)

Yeah...THAT Guy 09-27-2017 09:41 AM

The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread

As others mentioned in the Off-Topic thread, considering how seismic this is, it probably deserves its own thread.

phenom1990 09-27-2017 09:56 AM

Re: The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...topic-101.html

That's where the discussion began on the off topic thread went for 4 pages if anyone needs to be brought up to speed.

To go off of what I said there, I expect Louisville to fire Pitino and Jurich if for nothing else to save themselves as repeat offenders.

I expect there to be many more people implicated as they've only gotten Adidas schools so far and I can't see why the FBI investigation would stop at what it has.

I know some people are very concerned about the sport but I think this has the chance to ultimately be good for the long term picture of the sport.

It may result in much needed changes in the rules governing the sport to something that the NCAA could enforce better.

People are concerned about the coaches but there will always be players looking to play the sport. So this won't lead to the end of what ultimately drives the sport... the players.

countryboy 09-27-2017 10:14 AM

Just to bring over the last info I shared in the off topic thread, reports are stating that the UofL assistant coach that was in the vegas hotel room was Kenny Johnson.

It's also rumored that UofL will make an announcement today although nothing has been confirmed nor scheduled

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CC 09-27-2017 10:24 AM

Funniest part of this, is that someone thought Brian Bowen was worth paying 100k for.

ProfessaPackMan 09-27-2017 10:26 AM

Does anybody really think this bring real or significant changes to how the system is now, especially in regards to recruitment?

I just don't see much being done to it for awhile, especially while Sneaker Companies still have the pull they have.

phenom1990 09-27-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC (Post 2049040839)
Funniest part of this, is that someone thought Brian Bowen was worth paying 100k for.

The unintentional comedy of the quotes from his commitment are the best part.

phenom1990 09-27-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2049040847)
Does anybody really think this bring real or significant changes to how the system is now, especially in regards to recruitment?

I just don't see much being done to it for awhile, especially while Sneaker Companies still have the pull they have.

I see 4 factors into your question:

1. How punitive the FBI is with this. The Jerry Tarkanian quote doesn't apply to the FBI, " The NCAA is so upset at Kentucky that Cleveland State just got 2 years probation". Obviously being punished by the FBI and the NCAA carry different weight.

2.What is the # of head coaches that will be thrown into this thing.

3. Does the NCAA look to outsource or beef up their investigative department? I see beefing up their department as less plausible because of money.

4. Leads in from point # 3. Do they revise their rule book to something more enforceable? Define that as you wish ( amateurism, pay, etc).

# 2 is the heaviest factor to me as that will determine how far plausible deniability can go.

countryboy 09-27-2017 11:08 AM

The Official "FBI Investigation" Thread

UofL has fired Tom Jurich

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports