Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   what to change to lower run game effectivness? (/forums/showthread.php?t=917490)

howboutdat 09-27-2017 04:39 PM

what to change to lower run game effectivness?

Ok outside of run blocking slider, is there anything else you guys who have tested things, that can be changed to slow down the effectiveness of the run game?Seems all pro or all madden , guys in our league averaging 135 yards per game.Surely there is something else i can lower rather than just run blocking? Anyone got good tips on this and how to resolve it?

Aestis 09-27-2017 04:46 PM

Re: what to change to lower run game effectivness?

Tackle can help with mitigating some of the huge gains. Thanks to how powerful juke/spin move is this year, the run game is extremely boom or bust, even moreso than the NFL & M16/M17. For this reason it's tricky to lower RBK too much to get better User v User rushing results...

So I'd recommend bumping Tackle slider a bit as well to stop a few of those giant RB gains before they break out.

Darth Aegis 09-27-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2049041562)
Ok outside of run blocking slider, is there anything else you guys who have tested things, that can be changed to slow down the effectiveness of the run game?Seems all pro or all madden , guys in our league averaging 135 yards per game.Surely there is something else i can lower rather than just run blocking? Anyone got good tips on this and how to resolve it?

I'm still in belief that penalty sliders affect gameplay. So in this case offsides affects the aggressiveness of the dl & lb and react to the run the higher it's set.

JoshC1977 09-27-2017 04:59 PM

Well, there are definitely a few factors, but let me ask this, why are they putting up those numbers? Is it block duration or more the effectiveness of the User-controlled RBs once they are to the second level?

Lowering run block or offensive holding will decrease the block duration. Raising offsides will de-balance the line play in favor of the defense as well.

Raising tackle and/or facemask will improve the pursuit and tackle power.

I'll throw one other thing out there, if you are running with an injury slider value below 40, it will loosen things up quite a bit (especially with a higher fatigue setting).

Flazko 09-27-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2049041562)

Game speed has an affect and so does speed parity.

Darth Aegis 09-27-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2049041594)
Well, there are definitely a few factors, but let me ask this, why are they putting up those numbers? Is it block duration or more the effectiveness of the User-controlled RBs once they are to the second level?

Lowering run block or offensive holding will decrease the block duration. Raising offsides will de-balance the line play in favor of the defense as well.

Raising tackle and/or facemask will improve the pursuit and tackle power.

I'll throw one other thing out there, if you are running with an injury slider value below 40, it will loosen things up quite a bit (especially with a higher fatigue setting).

Hey Josh, how many injuries you seeing per game do u think at 40?

Darth Aegis 09-27-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flazko (Post 2049041612)

Yep, for sure. Good point.

howboutdat 09-28-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049041587)
I'm still in belief that penalty sliders affect gameplay. So in this case offsides affects the aggressiveness of the dl & lb and react to the run the higher it's set.

thanks Milticket.maybe this is a part of our problem, but ill explain the reason. We have ran with offsides at 5 for last few years due to how effective someone can be if they only user Dline, as they learn how to easily jump the snaps and gives them an advantage as far as constant pass rush. We have found at 5 or below, the offense can use fake snap without it drawing the CPU players offsides. So we have it at 5 to give the offense a tool to combat the guys who mainly just user dline and throw their timing off, but at same time overuse would result in false starts, so there is risks. The main thing is , we didnt want to create a situation where people in 3rd and 4 or less could use fake snaps to draw cpu offsides ( in online league im speaking) to get cheap first downs.So maybe having it down that low is playing a roll here. Last week , as mentioned we averaged 134 ypc rushing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flazko (Post 2049041612)

Could you expound upon this? We used to run on slow until last year when they made normal speed about the speed slow was before.So currently we are on normal. Would going back to slow help with this? Im just curious how game speed can effect it . I appreciate everyones responses!