Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=521)
-   -   Fifa 18 Custom Tactic Slider Set (In progress) (/forums/showthread.php?t=917972)

talucchesi 10-02-2017 10:08 PM

FIFA 18 Custom Tactic/Midfield Battle Slider Set (In progress)

Hello everyone!

I've always done this for fun myself for years but never got around to making my own slider set. The idea around this is very similar to what ricardodc has been doing. I was doing something similar last year but our idea of what the specific values differs enough that I felt I should just make my own set.

There will be a base set of values, that you'll play with regardless of the team you are or are playing against. Here's what I'm testing so far...

World Class/Legendary, 10-15-20 Mins, Slow Speed, Assisted or Manual
(I play assisted. If that's also the case with you I suggest raising pass and shot error at least a few ticks)

Sprint Speed - 45/45
Acceleration - 50/50- Originally had this at 45/45 but default is just fine and is better in relation to more fouls
Shot Error - 51/50 - Too many missed easy chances with the CPU at 52 or 51
Pass Error - 55/55
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 35/35
Injury Frequency - 50/50 -Needs testing
Injury Severity - 50/50 -Needs testing
GK Ability - 45/45
Marking - 20/60
Run Frequency - 1/1

I plan on having all of La Liga's team tactics, most of the Premier League, and a few other of the top club and national team tactics done (I study football tactics as a hobby). I believe in order to properly replicate teams you have to maneuver the sliders to match the team, especially due to CTT not properly working in certain areas. I might use Krebstar or ricardodc tactics with this set or if that doesn't work I'll do my best to come up with my own values. A little help from you all never hurts when it comes to being an extra pair of eyes. :) I'll eventually create a google excel share so we can all put values together and keep in all in one place. I just don't know how far I'm going to go with this yet.

So this slider set will be a hybrid of Krebstar, Matt&co, and Ricardodc sets and ideas.

Sliders Spreadsheet-->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Maybe I'll simply work in conjunction with Krebstar and implement his tactics with mine. Whatever creates the most realistic experience for everyone, I'm totally down for.

For Now: Make the Cpu's Line Height around 80, the length around 20-25, and the width around 45-50. Much more needs to be tested but the key is compressing the midfield and having the strikers drop back to defend when in their own half of the field. The high line height makes also eliminates the issue of CB's not stepping up to meet a striker. The biggest problem I'm having right now is having teams press high up the pitch but STILL get 10 men behind the ball in their own end. If anyone can help me figure that out I'll be ecstatic! That and actually getting wingers cut in when that's their ind. instruction.

Here's the example of what I have so far, below. Sorry for my nasally voice and the echo in the background. Keep in mind this set is still far from done and I'm up for plenty of suggestions! Compare this to the actual match between Espanyol and Barcelona.

SIDE BY SIDE MATCH REPLICATION

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8-y8BMFG5ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RG1PWLA6p_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First Test
Spoiler

Exactly what I'm trying to replicate with these sliders
Spoiler

Spoiler

All credit goes to Matt&co. Krebstar, and Ricardodc for their hardwork! Thanks for giving me the courage to do this myself :waytogo:

Talucchesi

talucchesi 10-02-2017 11:38 PM

Re: Fifa 18 Custom Tactic Slider Set (In progress)

Made a bit of a revelation already...

I moved Line Width to 55 when a team is defending with a 4-4-2 shape. Hopefully this works with a 4-5-1 and a 4-2-3-1 as well. The overall shape is sacrificed just a bit but the wings are now less exposed. It also helped with the pressing shape. This was with the CPU's width tactic at 1. Not sure if this tactic value is having any effect. I'll keep on testing though.

Edit: CPU marking is at 60 now as well so now it is 20/60

ricardodc 10-03-2017 03:05 AM

Re: FIFA 18 Custom Tactic/Midfield Battle Slider Set (In progress)

Hi!

Nice to see someone posting some new ideas. I will be very interested especially on the lines setup since I share your opinion about the need to compress the lines. I hope the decompression works as well.

Keep up the good work... :)

Be free to post your thoughts about my CTTs values and give your suggestions.

Cheers!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app

talucchesi 10-03-2017 12:12 PM

Re: FIFA 18 Custom Tactic/Midfield Battle Slider Set (In progress)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardodc (Post 2049051199)
Hi!

Nice to see someone posting some new ideas. I will be very interested especially on the lines setup since I share your opinion about the need to compress the lines. I hope the decompression works as well.

Keep up the good work... :)

Be free to post your thoughts about my CTTs values and give your suggestions.

Cheers!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks bud! I'll try to collaborate with you on CTT values and at the very least you'll have another pair of eyes studying tactics, even if we don't agree on the exact values, at least we can give other people an idea of how teams are currently setting up.

I think I really found something with these line settings I'm playing with. I'll try to post another video showing the new update

Rebsat 10-03-2017 02:52 PM

You did great job bro. Thank you for this great thread and keep up the good work :y220b:

talucchesi 10-03-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebsat (Post 2049051918)
You did great job bro. Thank you for this great thread and keep up the good work :y220b:

Thank you man, that means a lot. I'm doing my best to get this out to you all so people can experience what I'm seeing right now. But I'm loving what's coming so far :)

I should have most of La Liga done by this week if not early next week. I might either put up videos or pictures showing every teams lineup and maybe even individual instructions as well, although, that might be tough to pull off. They will be mostly based on hoe they set up last year until I can watch them again this year. I have 5-6 Prem teams I could do right now if I wanted as well. But I'm more busy in my personal life than I ever have been so this is getting tougher to do. Late nights!

ricardodc 10-03-2017 07:08 PM

Just watched your testing video. Very nice! I love the compressed lines and CPU was still able to counter.

What do you think should be the lowest and highest limits for lines (H/L/W) and FB sliders, so we can replicate every real life team positioning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by talucchesi (Post 2049051026)
The biggest problem I'm having right now is having teams press high up the pitch but STILL get 10 men behind the ball in their own end

That should be the job of the Pressure CTT slider.

Cheers!

talucchesi 10-03-2017 08:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardodc (Post 2049052377)
Just watched your testing video. Very nice! I love the compressed lines and CPU was still able to counter.

What do you think should be the lowest and highest limits for lines (H/L/W) and FB sliders, so we can replicate every real life team positioning?

That should be the job of the Pressure CTT slider.

Cheers!

Awesome! That means so much that you enjoyed it, especially because I do know the values are so extreme. The Op has this new video that I just completed with the changes I made...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8-y8BMFG5ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let me know your thoughts. I'm all ears.

I say it in this next video, but I want the pressure tactic as is because I want teams to press high up the pitch but still bring 10 men back behind the ball. With the pressure tactic at, let's say, 35 for instance, teams will only sit back and not press. Many teams (Atleti, Leicester, Espanyol, Celta Vigo, etc.) Will press up high in a 4-4-2/3-5-2 press to force teams to play long. I'm trying to replicate that.

The limits are still being up in the air, but I have general idea. With my current set, I'm thinking Barca is the top limit for FB positioning, Line height and Length (80, 85, 27 respectively). Celta Vigo and Man U play the widest man marking systems in world football so I'd say width for them should be 80 or so. I wouldn't ever go lower than 55 (as much as it pains me to say) because fullbacks begin giving away the flanks, but maybe that needs more confirmation. And that's only been tested with a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. A 4-5-1 is a whole nother beast :splat:

Here's their press Vs. Having 10 Men behind the ball. And they did this all game regardless of the scoreline, many teams now do, despite how much running it requires.