Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? (/forums/showthread.php?t=918186)

vannwolfhawk 10-04-2017 11:37 PM

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Roster UPDATED: May 30th Under 2019 Season Complete

Playoff Roster UPDATED: May 14th Under PLAYOFF READY - Update #141

How do I do the defensive help sliders for the cpu?

I just did a quick video for everyone after realizing a lot of people might not use this method. You can do the same thing in my league. I have a base playoff set up with every teams adjustments done so I can just hop in anytime. If your doing a quick game it's super easy and fast in setting a game up. It takes a couple minutes as you can see. I could go way deeper with it but wanted to make it quick... Lastly, once you setup your playoff settings make sure you save it to quickly upload it next time... Hope this helps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmYKiWl7V0

Here are the updated Sliders for USER VS CPU that I am using with this roster and after all the speed and defensive edits... You will look at some of this as odd but try it. I think it's balanced where you can drive and attack but defensive teams and players stick out. You will see charges, blocking calls, 3 point shot contests and players biting on the pump fake, steals, loose balls, tipped balls, guys diving for loose balls, realistic basketball... This is specific for this roster. I had to tone for CPU players in foul trouble and not being subbed out. You will get calls on drives but also a lot of no calls if it's a bad shot. Players will be swiping on drives as well... Big's will contest as will wings who should. You need to play a smart game... Use PG post up when setting up a play on perimeter. I wanted more freedom of movement on perimeter but inside or on lay-in's it's 50/50 of contact or not. Faster players can take slower players off the dribble as they should but again defensive stoppers and players will stick out. Try playing Pelicans for a taste of it compared to another team. Driving on Covington as opposed to JJ Reddick you will see the difference... Don't spam turbo vs good defenders and try and ride animations out as you will see some charges. It's balanced for getting to the cup and good defense. Just because you can get to the cup doesn't mean an auto bucket either as it's a crap shoot on fouls being called as well as great help defense and contests. I also, really focused on player movement and lateral quickness to eliminate sliding hence the 0 for user in lateral quickness. Eccentric has some great posts on this in slider section. I still wanted some explosiveness and speed off ball with plays and player movement too... I really focused on player movement and lateral quickness to eliminate sliding hence the 0 for user in lateral quickness. Lastly, the shot contests and all the defensive fouls, blocks, and contests have been re scaled. I tested a few things and went 100 for shot contest tendency and block tendency and simmer a few games. The sim stats took down block leaders to realistic numbers but my point in bringing this up is that with them all at 100 (everyone contests almost all shots in NBA including small guards) it was great to play against. I'm still debating putting guards at low scale of 75-80 for this factor alone... It won't effect as much as you think due to their shot blocking and contest attributes. Plus foul calls in a game and balance there was a challenge with it. But it's something to toy with... Let me know how it go's...

These are up on XBOX 1 under HOF 4 Edited Roster - May 30th Set

SLIDERS USER VS CPU

Spoiler

Here is the list for defensive game planning (I'm still working on it and adding to it but it's a start). Used Sim world as a solid base and added and changed a few things from there... Hopefully this works for you guys as I just wanted to get it out there, but hopefully you can see it??? Might have to zoom in a little... LOL!

Attachment 150767

Somehow this thread turned into a roster project for myself that I am sharing with the community. My only concern and goal was gameplay 1st and not sim stats so keep that in mind. I just updated and re-uploaded the roster for all of those that are interested in it and I had a lot of changes in this one. Everything that has been discussed in this thread and more.

xbox 1 - Vannwolfhawk206

Roster Name: Playbooks Done & Edits WIP - Latest File - Update 63

Roster Name: Playoff Ready - Latest File - UPDATED: April 14th

Sliders I Use: HOF USER vs CPU (I Use Speed 51) - Latest File - Update May 6th
Spoiler

Sliders I Use for CPU vs CPU games: HOF CPU VS CPU - Latest File - Update 23

Spoiler

ALL Teams Completed

Note: Every team and player has been scaled in every Tendency. The only thing I need to do is small tweaks and testing where I will need to adjust the contested mid and 3 pt jumpers depending on what I'm seeing with box scores and if guys are pulling up shots they should or shouldn't... I will look through and fine comb some things but it's pretty close to ready for me for my league... Very little attributes were touched at all minus a few things for players who needed a boost. Only real attributes that were touched were some shot IQ (for a few select guys), Draw Fouls (Sonic's), Pass Accuracy, Pass Vision, Pass IQ, Pass Perception (Sonic's), Block & Shot contest (Sonic's)... Everything else was all tendencies for gameplay... I still need to tweak play types a bit and some playbooks as well... Free Agents have not been done. If players get added to a team (I play with real life trades 30 team control) then I will just edit the player then. I'm just ready to play and should have all the minor tweaks done by this weekend or the next week.

Here is a list of everything that has been done so far...

Spoiler

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Original Post

Post Moves - Fade Right / Fade Left

I posted about this years ago and it hasn't changed. It has always bugged me. I'm curious if you roster makers edit this? But the Post fade right and left ratings are backwards. When attempting a fadeaway, players 90% of the time fade to their shooting hand shoulder. So, if I'm right handed I tend to go fade away to my right shoulder as it's a more natural move footwork wise. Fading away to my left is not only awkward but very hard to create space to get a good shot off. 2K has this backwards. They have the opposite shoulder with a higher tendency. I saw a lot of the same thing with hook shots as well. It just looks bad in game and so much better when changed to the correct way.

Shot fakes and jab steps are too low imo. Almost every time a player catches a pass in real life the 1st thing they do is shot fake before driving. In 2k you don't see it as much.

Dribble moves on a drive or off a PNR ruin immersion for me when they start all this and 1 garbage on a drive. Outside of a size up before making your move I don't like seeing anything but a basic crossover on drives unless using a stepback jumper or a euro step in finishing. When talking about euro steps classic team players should all have 0 in this move. All this just translates into realism and makes the CPU play & game play look so much better imo..

I know all you guys have your plethora of edits you do to make the game and players come to life, but what universal edits bug you the most and what do you think is a must have edit outside of players playing like themselves for realism?

SonicMage 10-05-2017 12:50 AM

Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk (Post 2049054512)
I posted about this years ago and it hasn't changed. It has always bugged me. I'm curious if you roster makers edit this? But the Post fade right and left ratings are backwards. When attempting a fadeaway, players 90% of the time fade to their shooting hand shoulder. So, if I'm right handed I tend to go fade away to my right shoulder as it's a more natural move footwork wise. Fading away to my left is not only awkward but very hard to create space to get a good shot off. 2K has this backwards. They have the opposite shoulder with a higher tendency. I saw a lot of the same thing with hook shots as well. It just looks bad in game and so much better when changed to the correct way.

First of all, you're not completely correct. There are a few players known for having killer post fadeaways off their non-shooting shoulders and use them quite frequently, such as Melo, Dirk, and Z-Bo. I'm pretty sure Wiggins does, too.

But I want to ask you, are you 100% positive that the "Left" and "Right" in those tendencies stand for Left and Right turning shoulder, as opposed to Left and Right block, where they are shooting the shot? The latter definition would be more consistent with every other tendency where they have a Left vs. Right as two separate tendencies. Just checking to make sure you've tested it.

vannwolfhawk 10-05-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMage (Post 2049054594)
First of all, you're not completely correct. There are a few players known for having killer post fadeaways off their non-shooting shoulders and use them quite frequently, such as Melo, Dirk, and Z-Bo. I'm pretty sure Wiggins does, too.

But I want to ask you, are you 100% positive that the "Left" and "Right" in those tendencies stand for Left and Right turning shoulder, as opposed to Left and Right block, where they are shooting the shot? The latter definition would be more consistent with every other tendency where they have a Left vs. Right as two separate tendencies. Just checking to make sure you've tested it.

I'm not saying people don't use them. But %'s no. I tested with putting Left at 0 and right at 100 (For Right handed shooter) and yes it worked as intended. I'd have to see Dirk & Z-Bo using these moves going to the opposite shoulder. Have any video proof? I'm not talking face up's...

Here is Dirk Fadeaway's going to Right Shoulder... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXauvL75rdY

Z-Bo Going to his left...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUbTltTTrM

And I'm talking post MOVES tendencies...

vannwolfhawk 10-05-2017 01:33 AM

Here is more of a sample size with Randolph...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TY4d5jVOPw

Smirkin Dirk 10-05-2017 02:24 AM

As a general rule I drop down shooting off dribble and mid/3 pt shooting/fadeaways for bigs that shouldnt do it. Ever. I hate seeing Dwight pulling from 12 feet.

Westbrook and LBJ's spot up shooting is too high and Im going to drop them way down.

Also, players don't dunk enough. I don't want everyone looking like prime VC, but Deandre Jordan should be dunking when he catches passes unguarded underneath. Ive got the CPU dunk tendency at 100 and that has solved it. Although I will probably drop it back it to 80.

Also Im seeing too many players do powerful dunks off 2 feet, so Ill be in people's dunk packages a lot more this year.

SonicMage 10-05-2017 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk (Post 2049054616)
I'm not saying people don't use them. But %'s no. I tested with putting Left at 0 and right at 100 (For Right handed shooter) and yes it worked as intended. I'd have to see Dirk & Z-Bo using these moves going to the opposite shoulder. Have any video proof? I'm not talking face up's...

Here is Dirk Fadeaway's going to Right Shoulder... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXauvL75rdY

Z-Bo Going to his left...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUbTltTTrM

And I'm talking post MOVES tendencies...

We have the stats for post moves for the past 12 years, courtesy of Synergy...

In 2016-17, Carmelo shot:

76 left shoulder fadeaways
21 right shoulder fadeaways

Aldridge shot:

27 left shoulder fadeaways
105 right shoulder fadeaways

Dirk shot:

16 left shoulder fadeaways
68 right shoulder fadeaways

Wiggins shot:

44 left shoulder fadeaways
50 right shoulder fadeaways

And for good measure, Kobe in 2008-09 shot:

82 left shoulder fadeaways
62 right shoulder fadeaways

As you know, all these guys are right-handed. So obviously different players favor different shoulders for fadeaways, and it's not a given for any particular player.

Now, I can show you videos on all of these if you want, Synergy provides links to the video clips in sequence for any of these stats, just like NBA.com does. Unless you have a subscription, I'll have to dig them up on NBA.com.

vannwolfhawk 10-05-2017 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMage (Post 2049054648)
We have the stats for post moves for the past 12 years, courtesy of Synergy...

In 2016-17, Carmelo shot:

76 left shoulder fadeaway
21 right shoulder fadeaways

Aldridge shot:

27 left shoulder fadeaways
105 right shoulder fadeaways

Dirk shot:

16 left shoulder fadeaways
68 right shoulder fadeaways

Wiggins shot:

44 left shoulder fadeaways
50 right shoulder fadeaways

And for good measure, Kobe in 2008-09 shot:

82 left shoulder fadeaways
62 right shoulder fadeaways

As you know, all these guys are right-handed. So obviously different players favor different shoulders for fadeaways, and it's not a given for any particular player.

Now, I can show you videos on all of these if you want, Synergy provides links to the video clips in sequence for any of these stats, just like NBA.com does. Unless you have a subscription, I'll have to dig them up on NBA.com.

Yes of course, I have synergy access too. Obviously different players use them and at best sparingly, but the majority no and I'm pretty sure those stats will back me up. It's a difficult move. Guys like Melo, Kobe, & Wiggins automatically stand out when I think about going to the opposite shoulder. I'd be more interested in your average Joe with average athleticism. It was a move they perfected and worked on, but they are not your normal players either. I think those are extreme examples. It's the same thing with right hook vs left hook as well.

vannwolfhawk 10-05-2017 03:06 AM

In all fairness I just went in and looked at the current player ratings. I had not really looked to in depth as I was enamored with playbooks. When I looked at the ratings in depth it was with the classic teams and if you look at those they were horrible. But looking at the current rosters they have them rated in the right direction. Might just be a tad high to the opposite side for my liking. To me its also the shot animation each bring out. Going off the right shoulder looks way better imo... When guys like Kobe did it they would still create space by jumping back. But to each their own...