Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   How long do you think ufc series go (/forums/showthread.php?t=918440)

Lurch 10-08-2017 10:38 AM

How long do you think ufc series go

What's your thoughts

Dave_S 10-08-2017 10:56 AM

Re: How long do you think ufc series go

Trillz 10-08-2017 02:13 PM

i hope it reaches the fifth installment before they pull the plug. It all depends on how te games are selling and how the UFC are doing in ppv sales and buzz of fighters.

Dos_Santos 10-08-2017 05:47 PM

Based on the current market and short term projection of the ufc? This will be the last one with significant development resources attached to it.

aholbert32 10-08-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillz (Post 2049059535)
i hope it reaches the fifth installment before they pull the plug. It all depends on how te games are selling and how the UFC are doing in ppv sales and buzz of fighters.

Why would they ever pull the plug as long as its a viable sport and the game sells well? UFC 2 outsold every sports game other than the big 3 (Madden/Fifa/NBA 2k) and WWE 2k (Unless you count Forza). It outsold Hockey, Baseball, Nascar and Golf. Its EA's No. 3 sports game.

Plus I cant believe that the cost to make the game is that much. They dont have a huge dev team. They likely get free or reduced marketing from UFC events. As long as the game sells, I see no reason why they would stop.

Trillz 10-08-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2049059995)
Why would they ever pull the plug as long as its a viable sport and the game sells well? UFC 2 outsold every sports game other than the big 3 (Madden/Fifa/NBA 2k) and WWE 2k (Unless you count Forza). It outsold Hockey, Baseball, Nascar and Golf. Its EA's No. 3 sports game.

Plus I cant believe that the cost to make the game is that much. They dont have a huge dev team. They likely get free or reduced marketing from UFC events. As long as the game sells, I see no reason why they would stop.

Yh if the game is selling well, it can go on like fifa etc, but you can say the same thing on why they pulled the plug on fight night, one of the reasons could be purchasing the fighters rights wasnt worth it. However i do see it going for longer then the fight night series.

fballturkey 10-08-2017 08:54 PM

The only real risk I see for the series would be if the fighters unionized and demanded back their image rights. If they had to go to every guy individually and get the rights it would probably become unfeasible. Otherwise EA could lose the license but that seems unlikely unless 2K decided to make a play for it next time the license is up for bid.

aholbert32 10-08-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillz (Post 2049060028)
Yh if the game is selling well, it can go on like fifa etc, but you can say the same thing on why they pulled the plug on fight night, one of the reasons could be purchasing the fighters rights wasnt worth it. However i do see it going for longer then the fight night series.

That’s the thing. They don’t have to purchase fighters rights. Those rights come with the ufc license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro