Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Rosters and Franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=918587)

tinpanalley 10-09-2017 08:43 PM

Rosters and Franchise?

I'm just beginning to go back to this game blown away by the amount of work done to keep it alive. Can someone explain to me why people offer Roster and Franchise files? What is the Franchise file supposed to help accomplish that the roster file on its own can't do?

Thanks!

BAD_AL 10-10-2017 12:02 PM

Re: Rosters and Franchise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049062014)
I'm just beginning to go back to this game blown away by the amount of work done to keep it alive. Can someone explain to me why people offer Roster and Franchise files? What is the Franchise file supposed to help accomplish that the roster file on its own can't do?

Thanks!

The main advantage of Franchise files is that they include schedule.

tinpanalley 10-10-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD_AL (Post 2049062837)
The main advantage of Franchise files is that they include schedule.

So, that means people are editing the current schedule and attaching it to a franchise so that it corresponds with the current season. But other than that, there's no other purpose for offering franchise files?

Popcornchicken 10-12-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049062977)
So, that means people are editing the current schedule and attaching it to a franchise so that it corresponds with the current season. But other than that, there's no other purpose for offering franchise files?

Yes, lol. They also do it to set draft class sometimes.

tinpanalley 10-12-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcornchicken (Post 2049065381)
Yes, lol. They also do it to set draft class sometimes.

Ahh, ok. That's something else I hadn't considered because I only play straight up one-off, non draft seasons. But the scheduling thing also makes sense because it's the only way to offer people the schedule of the current season. Would be cool if someone had the 2017-18 season done. I tried playing with the editor program but had trouble setting exact dates. It's probably locked to the days that games used to happen on 10 years ago which rarely included Thursdays.

Popcornchicken 10-13-2017 09:05 PM

I've haven't poked around with changing schedules to much. I did see someone named raiderman on these forums make a few the last couple seasons. Maybe he did... If you can find a schedule to download replacing the current one on a set-up franchise isn't too hard.

tinpanalley 10-13-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcornchicken (Post 2049068661)
I've haven't poked around with changing schedules to much. I did see someone named raiderman on these forums make a few the last couple seasons. Maybe he did... If you can find a schedule to download replacing the current one on a set-up franchise isn't too hard.

Sure, but you'd need that Franchise to be made from a roster that was up to date and as of right now we don't quite have one yet. But db56 will have one soon.

Delrickus 05-08-2018 09:32 AM

Where do you get a scratch file for roster editing in Finns for the ps3. Trying to edit a 2018-2019 roster. Can’t edit a roster file that’s already been edited bc it says it’s a psv file. Help plsss!!