Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Has anybody found a solution to too many sacks? (/forums/showthread.php?t=918982)

trchamp 10-14-2017 11:59 PM

Has anybody found a solution to too many sacks?

I have tried just about everything possible, all madden with pass block at 100, all pro with pass block at 100, cpu gameplanning. I still get over 4 sacks every single game, usually more, with an average at best pass rush. CPU QBs seem to just stand in the pocket until they have a receiver wide open, or get sacked. There is no urgency and they rarely move around the pocket, when they do it's a slow motion run that leads to an easy sack. This is the only thing holding me back from continuing offline franchise and it is extremely frustrating when I have almost twice as many sacks on the season as every other team.

NimitsTexan 10-15-2017 12:27 AM

Re: Has anybody found a solution to too many sacks?

There is no perfect fix.

Testing in Practice mode seems to indicate that reducing speed threshold slightly (40-45) reduces sacks on screen plays, buy giving the AI a better chance of "syncing up" on the play, for lack of a better term. Lowering Pass Coverage significantly (0-25) seems to reduce sacks (including "statue sacks) on PA plays, and seems help the AI QB make a reads and a "decision" to throw or scramble/throw away faster (probably because receivers are slightly more open) Presumably this would work with most types of passes against a zone, though I am not sure about Man to Man. Note, by reduce, I mean that some of these plays went from the AI QB being sacked ~60%-70% of the time when a correct defense is called to ~30%-40% of the time (still a bit high). Of course, both options have the disadvantage of potentially making the game even more offensive-heavy.

Some of the QB edits others have proposed may help as well, basically by giving all QBs scrambling traits, and one of two optimal pressure sense traits (making them quicker to react to pressure). The big problem, is, however, EA programmed their QBs this year in general to ignore the rush until it is impossibly too late to scramble/throw it away, despite rushers starting them in the face, so that even if they do react, it never changes the outcome. It is especially sad considering that, last year, even if the AI QBs were a little less prone to scrambling for yards, they were very willing to get out of the pocket, throw away, or attempt a last minute throw to avoid the sack, leading to generally realistic sack numbers and an ability to effect the passing game by generating pressure.

The ultimate fix will have to come from EA tuning and/or patch, unfortunately.

SwaggerCoach 10-15-2017 02:57 PM

You'll have to go in and edit QB traits and ratings.

Edit acceleration and agility to 80+. Edit elusiveness, ball carrier vision, stiff arm, juke, spin to 99+.

Edit traits for the QB too. QB type to MOBILE. QB style to SCRAMBLING. Throw ball away: yes. Sense pressure: TRIGGER HAPPY. Force passes: BALANCED.

Also, for good measure edit the CPU's offensive line to all 99 stamina. My theory is that you rack up sacks in no huddle offense due to fatigue. By raising stamina to 99 for everyone, you won't have fatigue sack issues anymore.

Finally, you might want to download or create custom playbooks for the CPU. Plays like 4 verts, curls, and spacing are BROKEN because the CPU only throws the ball if the player is wide open. So what happens when they're not? They hold onto the ball forever and take sacks.

So there you go.

Darth Aegis 10-15-2017 07:28 PM

I dl the main guys on here playbooks for the PS4. It was weird I played vs the Chiefs and they passed the ball 9 straight times to start the game. I was seeing more player glitches as well. Maybe it was a fluke thing but I resorted back to the normal playbooks. Just be aware you might see some odd things.

SwaggerCoach 10-15-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049071071)
I dl the main guys on here playbooks for the PS4. It was weird I played vs the Chiefs and they passed the ball 9 straight times to start the game. I was seeing more player glitches as well. Maybe it was a fluke thing but I resorted back to the normal playbooks. Just be aware you might see some odd things.

Might be a scheme issue. Always good to also take a peak at the playbook you're setting up for the CPU. If you're seeing too many pass plays, it's pretty easy to go in and edit the playbook so there's less emphasis on pass and more on the run.

Darth Aegis 10-15-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach (Post 2049071141)
Might be a scheme issue. Always good to also take a peak at the playbook you're setting up for the CPU. If you're seeing too many pass plays, it's pretty easy to go in and edit the playbook so there's less emphasis on pass and more on the run.

That's a good point. Standard playbooks seem to play pretty well but then again I'm not constantly looking at the CPU play calling really to notice if there running a bunch of the same plays.