Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Kicking game too many blocks (/forums/showthread.php?t=919126)

rink23 10-16-2017 03:41 PM

Kicking game too many blocks

I skipped playing Madden 17, so the changes in the kicking game were new to me.
In the double-digit years of playing before this year, I don't think I had ever seen a blocked field goal, extra point or punt on either side.
In this edition, I just completed a regular season playing as the Packers, I have seen at least 15 -- combined between myself and the CPU -- and some of them have come when I am not even trying to put together a block.
IE, on an extra point I often just let it play out and still come away with a block and two-point runback.
Did EA overdo it on kick/punt block to make up for all the years it never happened?

ICE_790120q 10-20-2017 09:53 AM

Re: Kicking game too many blocks

I was having the same issue until I noticed that most of the CPU blocks came when the kicking power meter landed on the red zone.

Since adjusting to kicking slightly under 100% I rarely see a block. The other thing that increases the chance of a blocked FG is when you are attempting a long kick and have to do a lower kick.

Now, to reduce me blocking CPUs kicks I simply stopped controlling the edge player on the far end (left or right depending on the selected play) as once you get the hang of timing it is fairly easy to block a kick.

aziatic77 10-21-2017 03:45 PM

Re: Kicking game too many blocks

Some of the punt blocks are just AI cheese. They pretty much telegraph when your punt is about to get block when your punter takes 20 steps to get a punt off, giving the punt team a very high chance to block it.

I see most of the blocks come in rival games where the AI opponents becomes a super team