Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Any Other PC Football Sims Besides Strat? (/forums/showthread.php?t=920328)

kpeercy 11-03-2017 05:43 AM

Any Other PC Football Sims Besides Strat?

I know of Strat and Second and Ten. Any other realistic football sims out there that are realistic? I only care about real players and gameplay.

Skyboxer 11-07-2017 02:09 PM

Re: Any Other PC Football Sims Besides Strat?

Front Office Football

Action PC Football

bkrich83 11-10-2017 04:32 PM

I love 2nd and 10 and ActionPC.

I just jumped back in to Strat the other day though.

Skyboxer 11-11-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2049104498)
Front Office Football

Action PC Football

Been thinking about picking up Action PC. Just don't know how I feel about single seasons (i.e. longevity).. Game looks fun though.

gr18 11-14-2017 07:29 PM

I used love the Strat board game as a kid.
FOF is a great management game while Action is a fun game gameplay wise. You can get pretty good discounts this time of year. I bought decades of seasons for $120 and sometimes you can get around 20% off.

MUTTS 11-16-2017 08:26 AM

Now that my kids have taken over the ps4 Ive migrated first to PC games--specifically Action and then Second and Ten. However within the past year Ive gone entirely back to cards and dice with Second Season, Inside Blitz, Mean Gene's and APBA. Takes me longer to play a game or project but Im off the computer and find it very relaxing.

antdroid 11-19-2017 12:47 PM

Front Office Football is the best.

But there's also Draft Day Sports Pro Football and DDS College Football

And theres Bowl Bound College Football

I'm making an Android game that's a college football text-sim as well. It's based on source code from another game that I've heavily modified and expanded: https://github.com/minotauri/CFB-Coach

russwg1970 11-21-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2049109997)
Been thinking about picking up Action PC. Just don't know how I feel about single seasons (i.e. longevity).. Game looks fun though.

There are quite a few active "draft" leagues around for Action PC football.

Many of these leagues have different rules, but basically you play the role of coach/gm and play out the games live online head to head with other owners. In the league I'm in we have a live 8 round draft for incoming rookies (can't use them until next year when they accumulate stats), free agent biddings, salary cap, lots of trading between owners including draft picks, player contracts and more.

So, while you may not be able to sim season after season like other manager games, you do get to watch your drafted rookies and high price free agents either succeed or fail in real time during a NFL season from year to year. It does take some dedication, but for me it's completely worth it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app