Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best FB dive in the game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=920961)

cheefzboy 11-11-2017 08:33 PM

Best FB dive in the game?

Whats the best FB dive in the game? Or some of the best ones. I know I form slot FB dive is ok if the box isnt stacked with LBS. I like to get my fullback carries.

Hellisan 11-12-2017 02:47 AM

Re: Best FB dive in the game?

Very good, but a little cheesy, is the FB Dive HB Fake - I'm not sure that's the exact wording of the play, but it's the opposite of the FB fake hb pitch. The DE seems to hang out in the flat as if the RB is an option to get the ball, even though the QB hands it to him pretty much immediately. I haven't watched replays, but just based on what I saw in game it didn't seem as though there would be a necessity for the DE to mark the HB like that since in many cases a linebacker would have that responsibility. But the play worked very well and was often times able to achieve big gains to the weak side as a result.

Otherwise I prefer FB Weak (this is all from I-Form Normal, which is probably 15% of what I run, minimum). If I don't like the setup I can motion the TE over, but generally I like the way this is blocked.

scotchtkh 11-14-2017 01:54 AM

Recommend looking at one of FB Dive or trap from a flexbone set or the pistol flex (my favorite FB set)

JeffSimmons 11-16-2017 06:04 PM

Alabama is my favorite