Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty - Part II (/forums/showthread.php?t=921027)

young22 11-12-2017 09:38 PM

#SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty - Part II

Opening Statement

I started a new Westlake State dynasty. While I was trying to figure out the editor (which I won't be using, as even the modded version won't work with my teambuilder), I accidentally formatted a USB drive that had my old profile on it. All my saves, gone. So I remade Westlake State, changed up the team a bit, and I wanna give the reporting thing another shot. I have a much clearer idea of how I'm going to format the report now, y'all should enjoy. Different style from others on here. I don't know how fast this will move. Like those who followed my original know, I hoop a ton. I believe I will play college ball, and then at the very least pro ball overseas. I know I'll get at least 1 year in the league tho.

So I simmed to 2016, just to get my team to a respectable level. Don't wanna have a bunch of 2-3 win seasons.

Put us in the American to start with, once we start killing that, we'll go Big 10.

Dynasty Rules

Heisman difficulty, Jkits sliders (slightly modified)

Redshirts

-No redshirting 5 stars (except QB), and they have to start unless the starter is significantly better
-No redshirting JUCO
-No redshirting anyone who makes the 2-deep depth chart
-I will try to get 4 stars on the field as freshmen, if not they can be redshirted

Transfers/Players leaving

-Can only persuade a player to stay if they'll start
-Any player over 90 overall declaring for draft cannot be persuaded to stay
-Underclassmen projected lower than the 2nd round may be persuaded to stay

Recruiting

-If I have a player who's over an 85 as a sophomore, I can't recruit anyone higher than a 3* at the position until that player is set to graduate (positions with multiple starters, i.e WR, CB, DT, are exempt, say I have a soph 85 DT and a JR 87 DT, I can sign 1 4-5 star guy)
-I keep it realistic. (aside from the seasons I simmed, I did recruit some of the unrecruited studs, just to make us relevant fast) Stay in my pipelines for the most part, not gonna recruit whoever until we're a high prestige school.
-I create recruits and storylines.

Injuries/suspensions

I use a dice roll system to determine these, or sometimes just make it up as a storyline.

Scheduling

Once in a Power 5 conference, I will have as close to an A+ schedule as possible, with maybe 1 non conference cupcake a year. Any non conference opponent gets home and home series.

Gameplay Rules

I hate house rules for gameplay, can never follow them. Luckily turning off fatigue has eliminated the need.

I only have one, and that's that the pre snap adjustments I can make depend on my QB's awareness. There's an advantage to starting an upperclassman now.

young22 11-12-2017 09:38 PM

Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty - Part II

TABLE OF CONTENTS

2017:

SCHOOL RECORDS

Career

Spoiler

Season

Spoiler

Game

Spoiler

Recruiting Classes

young22 11-14-2017 07:38 PM

Coach Info

HC Zack Favors

Bio: This guy, from Madden 12, is the best player I've ever had in any game. Blue chip recruit who went to Ole Miss. Tore it up in college, went 6th overall to a rebuilding Seahawks team. Helped turn them around, won 4 rings with them, rushed for over 22000 yards and 200 scores in a 21 year career.

Career record: 9-15 (2 years)

Record vs Top 25: 0-1

Bowl Record: 0-0

Coaching Tree:

School Info

Rivals: None yet

Stadium: Westlake Stadium (Air Force replica, could change if I ever get editor to work)

All-time record: 18-31 as of start of 2017

Record vs Rivals:

Bowl Games:

National Championships:

Conference Championships:

Conferences: Independant 2013-15, American 2016-

Award Winners:

All-Americans:

All-Conference:

Stat Leaders:

young22 11-16-2017 06:01 PM

Hall of Fame

OBinKC 11-17-2017 10:50 AM

Sorry to hear about the file getting corrupted, but good to see you are still going for it. I followed Westlake through the super lean years, so it’ll be interesting to see where this team picks up now. #SWARM

thesportsguru11 11-17-2017 02:06 PM

You know I'm here, good luck with Part II Young! Too bad we'll never know how the Joey Williams era ends though..

The American can be a fun conference for awhile, so good luck starting off there as well. Looking forward to seeing how your new squad matches up with other teams.

young22 11-18-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBinKC (Post 2049118004)
Sorry to hear about the file getting corrupted, but good to see you are still going for it. I followed Westlake through the super lean years, so it’ll be interesting to see where this team picks up now. #SWARM

We're not going 2-10 again, that's for sure. I'm putting up the roster and the schedule soon, then I'll get into the season. We have a lot of potential, but the first year is gonna have a lot of ups and downs. I recruited a 6'6, 230 pound athlete who's gonna play WR, he may be the best player I've ever recruited. He was a 3 star gem.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesportsguru11 (Post 2049118238)
You know I'm here, good luck with Part II Young! Too bad we'll never know how the Joey Williams era ends though..

The American can be a fun conference for awhile, so good luck starting off there as well. Looking forward to seeing how your new squad matches up with other teams.

I actually did play out Williams' career. I was going to catch up on the season before I lost the file. We went 13-1 in his junior year, lost to Florida 46-39 in the Natty. Almost came back from down 21. He went for like 250 passing, 170 rushing, 3 rushing scores, 2 passing scores, but threw 3 picks. Ended the year with about 4000 passing, 1700 rushing, like 58 total scores. He declared for the draft and went in the 6th.

It sucked to see him go so late, but it was kinda realistic. Didn't have that great of an arm, threw a ton of picks, had fumble problems. Great college QB, but I feel he didn't have the arm for the pros.

Sucks that I lost the file, cause it would have been real interesting to see who took over at QB. I had a redshirt JR who was like a 90, and I recruited a fast lefty with a rocket arm, would have been cool to see who won the job, and how we'd do after Williams. I was about 2 good seasons removed from moving us to the Big Ten.

As always, I appreciate both of you following along. I'm pretty busy, I have 2 basketball tournaments this coming week, so y'all probably won't see the first update for a bit, just roster, schedule, and a little season preview.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

young22 01-30-2018 10:01 PM

Greatest Games and Performances