Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty - Part II (/forums/showthread.php?t=921027)

young22 02-05-2018 03:51 PM

Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty - Part II

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBullet19 (Post 2049217096)
So far so good, the season is still going well. Hopefully you can get a strong finish and snag a good bowl game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Hope so. I turned fatigue off and it's been really tough. Back end of our schedule is tough too, we're about to play #25 Army, and LSU and UConn (I think) are also ranked.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

young22 02-06-2018 08:52 PM

Westlake State Swarm Football Staff Communications

To: Head Coach Zach Favors

Cc: Recruiting

Hey coach, I've been scouting for a while now and decided to bring you a report.

First up, our guys from Ohio. We have one of the best players on my board in 4* OLB Rick Patton, from Fostoria. 6'5, about 240, good athlete, excellent tackler, good instincts. Not much of a pass rusher, and pretty mediocre in coverage, but he'll be a very good linebacker for us, maybe even someone we move inside to replace Kai Trent next year. Another guy I'm excited about is East Gahanna High DT Stephon Craft. He's a 3* who in my opinion, has been massively overlooked. At 6'3, 295, he's big, and should hit 310 or so after an S&C program.

Both of these guys are verbally committed to us.

T Bernard Clark, a JUCO guy, will likely start next year if we can land him. At 6'5, 285, he isn't the strongest, but he's athletic and technically pretty sound.

There's also 4* DE Julian Moore, from Dayton, who's a 6'4, 230 pass rusher. I don't have much on him, but I hear he wants to play somewhere he can start from day 1. He's a longshot, he wants to go to an established program, and is favoring Tennessee and Auburn right now. But, staying close to home is important for him, and we definitely will play him early, if not start him, which Auburn and Tennessee can't say.

Other OH recruits:
  • 3* SS Reggie Townsend (JUCO JR, 76 ovr) -- VERBAL COMMIT
  • 1* T Kyle Richard (JUCO JR, 73 ovr)
  • 3* DE Marvin Leach (68 ovr)
  • 2* MLB Pat Scott (JUCO JR, 73 ovr)

I've found some good players in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the best of those being the #6 TE in the nation, 4* Derek Vincent, out of Bridgeton, NJ. At 6'7, 265, he has good speed, good hands, and is a solid blocker. No truly elite skill, but he's good at everything.

At East Orange CC, JUCO (SO) DT Sean Washington is a stronger version of Stephon Craft. He's 6'0, 314, and a good run stuffer. Not the most athletic guy, won't rack up a lot of sacks, but he has 3 years of eligibility and could be a very good player by the time he's a senior.

Other NJ/PA recruits:
  • 2* DT John Ewing (JUCO JR, 67 ovr)
  • 2* DT Orlando Smith (66 ovr) -- VERBAL COMMIT

North Carolina was a state I was surprised to have interested recruits from.

Corner James Bates out of Matthews is a fast, reliable coverage corner. Bad in press, not good against the run, but overall solid player.

His teammate A.J Wheeler really interests me. 6'5, 231. Legit 4.3 speed, finished second in the state in the 100 this year. Can go up and get the ball, surprisingly polished routes considering he can dominate HS on athleticism alone. One problem: Can't catch for s--t. He's either gonna be really good or be a non-factor.

Also in NC is James Cox, a JUCO (SO) DT. He only weighs 259 at 6'3, and isn't all that strong, but his technical ability is very good. He gets into the backfield a lot, and can tackle.

(Note: Zach Favors was a tailback I had on Madden who went to Ole Miss. As he's the Swarm coach, and we had a couple MS prospects interested, I decided to allow myself to recruit there, as I imagined Favors being a HS coach for a couple years before coming to Westlake, thus having clout there.)

In your home state of Mississippi, we have the most talented player on my board: QB Jamie Williamson, out of Vicksburg. He's a 4* prospect who despite the recognition, isn't being heavily recruited by big schools, and only has offers from us and Troy. At 6'0, 230, he was a linebacker up until last season, when he switched to QB. His arm talent is really good. He has a strong arm, and he can make all the throws. The question with him is his attitude and his intangibles. I watched him play twice. First game he went started with an impressive touch throw for a 22 yard score, then threw a pick, checked out mentally, and ended up 13/37 for under 200 yards. Next week, he went 23/28 for 463 yards and 4 scores. He tends to hold on to the ball too long, try for big plays too much, and misses a lot of open guys. He may not have a lot of offers, but Stanford, Washington, Georgia, and Alabama all have their eye on him. He's not being recruited heavily, and we can offer him the chance to compete for a starting job in his first or second year, whereas that won't happen at a bigger school.

A guy who caught my eye was WR Derek Stewart, from Clarksdale. I saw him cook Vicksburg for 150 yards and 2 scores. But to be honest, I don't think he's very good. He's really fast, but his actual skillset is very limited. Still won't hurt to have him.

Last but not least is 5* wideout Chris Reed Jr., from Bolingbroke, IL. Standing at 6'1, 193, he's the #1 WR in the nation. Not super fast, but really quick and agile. Great route runner, solid hands, won't be great over the middle or in the end zone. We're 7th on his list right now. Problem with him is he seems like a knucklehead. Nothing too crazy, but he's been suspended from school for fighting twice, and was suspended from the football team late in the season after a verbal altercation with his coach. I'm going to go to a camp he's attending, talk to him, and see if we should offer him. Not very likely we'll get him, but who knows.

Looks like a very good class already. I've been in contact with prospects from Florida, Michigan, and 3 guys going to the same JUCO in Illinois.

young22 02-09-2018 09:16 PM

G 8-9 Recap, 2017

So this is how I'm gonna do the really boring, one sided games. Quick recap, linescore, couple top performers. I don't have a ton of time, so this helps me save time, instead of wasting about an hour and a half doing detailed write ups about boring games.

Week 9 vs #25 Army - L 17-35

The Swarm aren't very good against the run. The defensive line struggles to get off blocks, and linebackers have been inconsistent. Army has the nations #1 rushing attack. So it's no surprise that the Swarm were dominated in this one, where they never truly had a chance. They took star tailback T.J Wisham Jr. out of the game, blanketing him on every play, trying to make freshman QB Kalvin Bracken beat them. That didn't really work out. Bracken went for 135 yards and 2 scores on 21 carries, and Wisham got the ball 9 times for 67 yards and a score. Offensively, there was just nothing going. Robert Hollis only threw for 134 yards, and 85 of those, as well as the lone passing score, went to Brandon Butler. Hollis did run for 134 yards and a score on the ground.

Bracken's first TD, a 52 yard run

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">Army Black Knights at Westlake State Swarm</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Oct 21, 2017</td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td><span style="color:#CC0000;">#25</span> Army Black Knights (6-1, 5-1)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right" class="active">35</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Westlake State Swarm (5-3, 2-3)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right" class="active">17</td></tr></table></body></html>

Top Performers:

Army QB Kalvin Bracken - 5/7, 59 yards, 21 carries, 135 yards, 2 TD

Army CB Clinton Butler - 2 TAK, 2 INT

Week 10 @ #3 LSU - L 7-54

No surprises here. LSU ran it down our throats from whistle to whistle, with 392 yards on 60 carries. Tailback Brett Felder racked up 159 yards and 3 scores on 39 carries. For the Swarm, Brandon Butler saved us from a shutout: he had 122 of the 173 yards Robert Hollis threw for, and the Swarm's lone score.

Top Performers:

LSU HB Brett Felder - 39 carries, 259 yards, 3 TD

LSU QB Timi Branch - 10/15, 165 yards, TD, 8 carries, 67 yards

LSU CB Ricky Butler - 4 TAK, 2 INT

WSU WR Brandon Butler - 4 rec, 122 yards, TD

Brett Felder celebrates after his 3rd score made it 34-7

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">Westlake State Swarm at LSU Tigers</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Oct 28, 2017</td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Westlake State Swarm (5-4, 2-3)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right" class="active">7</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td><span style="color:#CC0000;">#3</span> LSU Tigers (7-1, 4-1)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">20</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">17</td><td align="right" class="active">54</td></tr></table></body></html>

ThatBritishGuy 02-10-2018 09:18 AM

Games where you get blown out and don't stand a chance are always the hardest to get the report done for! Tough losses but if you can land some of them recruits, next few years could be fun!

Derek Vincent looks like the kind of TE I want on my team, does a little of everything and should be a solid pass caching option! Patton looks on paper to be solid, especially if you dont need him right away and could get another year from him!

young22 02-10-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatBritishGuy (Post 2049224860)
Games where you get blown out and don't stand a chance are always the hardest to get the report done for! Tough losses but if you can land some of them recruits, next few years could be fun!

Derek Vincent looks like the kind of TE I want on my team, does a little of everything and should be a solid pass caching option! Patton looks on paper to be solid, especially if you dont need him right away and could get another year from him!

Those games are just gonna get quick recaps. Might make them more detailed in coming years, but I wanna get through this year and start getting to my own players that I've recruited. Don't really have a connection with most of the current roster.

Both Vincent and Patton look really good. I think he's gonna start, and I'll shift my current ROLB to MLB. Patton's already committed (I've played up to week 14), but Texas A&M are coming in for Vincent, and it's gonna be tough to land him.

Next few years are gonna be really fun. If we land Williamson at QB, we're gonna be really good by 2020. Thanks for checking in man.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

young22 02-10-2018 01:06 PM

G10, 2017

SWARM BEAT TEMPLE 34-22 TO SECURE BOWL ELIGIBILITY

Favors unimpressed with effort, as now 2-9 Owls were without starting QB -- Robert Hollis benched for Desi Mayes, who closes out the game and will start next week vs UConn -- Tony Davis rushes for 139 yards on 24 carries

Backup Desi Mayes secured this game for the Swarm

Philadelphia, PA -- Westlake State secured bowl eligibility after a 34-22 win over Temple. The Owls, who were starting backup R.J Brown, managed to open the scoring on a 19 yard run from tailback Nic Floyd. The Swarm came right back, with Robert Hollis leading a long drive that ended on a Tony Davis touchdown run, his first since week 7.

Westlake State got a stop and Robert Hollis needed just 3 plays to find Brandon Butler for a 26 yard score, the wideout's school-record 13th on the year.

On the Owl's next drive, strong safety Marques Cannon (who's quietly been having an excellent year, and is a Bednarik finalist) absolutely demolished Brown, who fumbled the ball, and it was scooped up by free safety James Small, who ran it back all the way for a 51 yard score.

So it was 21-7 Swarm, and they looked like they'd cruise to a win. Well Temple would score 16 unanswered points through the next 2 and a half quarters, and the Swarm offense started sputtering. So with 5:51 to go, and the score 22-21 after a failed 2-pt conversion from Temple, sophomore Desi Mayes got his first real chance to play QB. He'd appeared in a couple blowouts, but here he had the chance to secure a victory for his team. He needed just over a minute to lead his first scoring drive, capping it off himself with a 9 yard rushing score to make it 27-22. The 2-pt conversion was no good, and Temple would have a chance.

Brown was completing passes, and the drive looked good for the Owls, up until a huge sack from end Derek Page on 2nd and 7. A short completion on 3rd down meant Brown needed 10 yards on 4th down, and looked deep, but the pass was broken up by Cannon.

So with just over 3 minutes left, Mayes just needed a few first downs, and was starting from his own 38. Almost immediately, he faced a 3rd and 13 after a short gain, then a sack. The 3rd down call was a bootleg pass. Mayes looked over the middle and found Marquis Sims, who got the first on his only grab of the day. After Tony Davis secured another first down, Mayes got the Swarm all the way to the Owls 34 yard line on a scramble. The next play, Mayes faked a handoff, rolled out, and found Brandon Butler in the end zone for the game-sealing score. Except it was ruled an incompletion.

Somehow this was an incompletion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desi Mayes
I have no clue how that was incomplete. that looked like it would have been good in the NFL. Don't matter in the end, but that was the worst call I've ever had go against me.

It ended up not mattering, as Mayes would get his team down to the Temple 6, and found Butler in the zone once again, icing the game.

Swarm head coach Zack Favors wasn't impressed with his team, stating that they should have won by 50.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack Favors
This is a team coming in 2-8, playing for nothing, starting a backup who came in completing under 45% of his throws, and yet we had to pull it out in the last 5 minutes? They had more heart then we did? Really? We were playing for a bowl game! We should be beating teams like that by 50. We're so much better then we've played this year.

On Desi Mayes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack Favors
He's starting against UConn for sure. Will he play the whole game? I don't know. But I think it's time to see what he can do starting. Rob hasn't been getting the job done, and frankly he's looked disinterested at times.

The Swarm will play 7-3 (6-1) UConn at home next week, in what will be the final home game for the Westlake State seniors.

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">Westlake State Swarm at Temple Owls</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Nov 11, 2017</td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Westlake State Swarm (6-4, 3-3)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">14</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right" class="active">34</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Temple Owls (2-8, 1-5)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right" class="active">22</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td colspan="4">Scoring Summary</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="2">FIRST QUARTER SCORING</td><td align="right" width="10%">WSU</td><td align="right" width="10%">TEM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center" width="10%">3:04</td><td width="70%">(TEM) N. Floyd, 19 yard run</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center" width="10%">0:15</td><td width="70%">(WSU) T. Davis, 0 yard run</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="2">SECOND QUARTER SCORING</td><td align="right" width="10%">WSU</td><td align="right" width="10%">TEM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center" width="10%">6:11</td><td width="70%">(WSU) B. Butler, 26 yard pass from R. Hollis </td><td align="right">14</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center" width="10%">4:52</td><td width="70%">(WSU) J. Small, returned fumble 51 yards</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center" width="10%">1:30</td><td width="70%">(TEM) A. Pettit, 46 yard FG</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">10</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center" width="10%">0:00</td><td width="70%">(TEM) A. Pettit, 61 yard FG</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">13</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="2">THIRD QUARTER SCORING</td><td align="right" width="10%">WSU</td><td align="right" width="10%">TEM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center" width="10%">1:41</td><td width="70%">(TEM) R. Brown, 21 yard run</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">19</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="2">FOURTH QUARTER SCORING</td><td align="right" width="10%">WSU</td><td align="right" width="10%">TEM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center" width="10%">5:46</td><td width="70%">(TEM) A. Pettit, 49 yard FG</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">22</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center" width="10%">4:42</td><td width="70%">(WSU) D. Mayes, 9 yard run (failed 2-pt)</td><td align="right">27</td><td align="right">22</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center" width="10%">0:37</td><td width="70%">(WSU) B. Butler, 6 yard pass from D. Mayes</td><td align="right">34</td><td align="right">22</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="spacer" style="margin:0 auto;" width="575"><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#2510E3" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Westlake State Swarm</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Desi Mayes</td><td align="right">4/7</td><td align="right">67</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Robert Hollis</td><td align="right">6/17</td><td align="right">63</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Tony Davis</td><td align="right">24</td><td align="right">139</td><td align="right">5.7</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Desi Mayes</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">63</td><td align="right">9.0</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Robert Hollis</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">60</td><td align="right">10.0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Brandon Butler</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">66</td><td align="right">16.5</td><td align="right">2</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">DEFENSE</td><td align="right" width="16%">TACK</td><td align="right" width="16%">SACK</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Marques Cannon</td><td align="right">7 (1)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>James Small</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Derek Page</td><td align="right">5 (2)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">KICKING</td><td align="right" width="16%">FG</td><td align="right" width="16%">XP</td><td align="right" width="16%">PTS</td><td align="right" width="16%">LONG</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Logan Ross</td><td align="right">0/0</td><td align="right">4/4</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0</td></tr></table></td><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#A80532" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Temple Owls</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>R.J. Brown</td><td align="right">14/23</td><td align="right">157</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>R.J Brown</td><td align="right">26</td><td align="right">134</td><td align="right">5.1</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nic Floyd</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">78</td><td align="right">7.0</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Shannon Edwards</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">94</td><td align="right">18.8</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">DEFENSE</td><td align="right" width="16%">TACK</td><td align="right" width="16%">SACK</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Marcus Denman</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Charles Merriman</td><td align="right">3 (1)</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">KICKING</td><td align="right" width="16%">FG</td><td align="right" width="16%">XP</td><td align="right" width="16%">PTS</td><td align="right" width="16%">LONG</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Andrew Pettit</td><td align="right">3/4</td><td align="right">1/1</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">61</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></body></html>