Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Building a new defensive scheme for SIM in M17 (/forums/showthread.php?t=921223)

Unforeseenx 11-15-2017 04:48 PM

Building a new defensive scheme for SIM in M17

Hey folks, I'm still playing M17 but I figure it's not much different in 18 anyways.

I'm developing a scheme to use in my new offline CFM with the Vikings..but I'm hitting some bumps I can't seem to make it over. Thought maybe somebody else might have some suggestions.

So right now I have a base defense out of the 3-4 Over ED (A hybrid 4-3 alignment), with the ROLB being replaced with a 4-3 DE. I'll use that on most downs, except for 3rd and Long or other clear passing situations. Mostly running Cover 3 Sky, or variants of Cloud.

On clear passing downs I switch to the 3-4 Odd, allowing me to have my DE/s in a blitzing 2 point stance. Shifting to ensure only the NT gets doubled. Allowing me to attack with 4 Ends in 1 v 1 or better if I have the right personnel. Especially against 2 wide sets.

So now I hit the stump. I don't know when to play nickel. I don't really NEED an extra DB since the nickel defender in Cover 3 doesn't need to be fast in most cases. I like the packages though, just not the DB being forced on me to play things like Double A.

Any thoughts?