Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters? (/forums/showthread.php?t=921809)

glenzariczny 11-25-2017 11:05 AM

Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters?

Has anyone tried these out in CFM? Video is worth the 13 minute watch. I definitely like where his head is at, but wonder what the effects are in CFM as far as contracts, draft classes, etc.

https://youtu.be/AUWTEOcokdc

XxRnSxX 11-25-2017 04:44 PM

Re: Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenzariczny (Post 2049127188)
Has anyone tried these out in CFM? Video is worth the 13 minute watch. I definitely like where his head is at, but wonder what the effects are in CFM as far as contracts, draft classes, etc.

https://youtu.be/AUWTEOcokdc

Gonna try them right now on All-Madden, default slider.

TMJOHNS18 11-25-2017 06:23 PM

I like the idea, but it's unfortunate the roster wouldn't work in franchise, league be flooded with rookie starters. I've always wanted a madden built with roster like this, but currently it's a lot of work for play-now only rosters. Though a big tip of the hat to his effort and time spent on them.

Little too much editing per draft class to keep it balanced, Madden would need the draft class slider for MyLeague to make it less of a headache. Plus having the average starter being in the 70's would mean most of the league (especially QB) would be signed to cheaper deals.

I wonder if you did the opposite, flooding the league with high 70's and low 80's (raising their AWR to boost OVR and keep skill levels in check best you can) if you could create a way in CFM to counter the draft classes. 80+ rookies no longer are studs but starter-caliber players and there's a higher chance of a 'bust' if your slightly miss on your first round choice. Plus lowering/zero'ing out XP sliders would keep guys in that range, guys with big years get the XP and move up tiers.

Add in that the majority of the draft classes would fizzle out in the league, seeing as now your are drafting fringe-NLF players late instead of fringe-good roster guys. More rookies would be deleted each year, eliminating the flood of 68-73 ovr generic guys which are never signed but overwrite the real players around that range.

Ultimately though, the problem would be the CPU's poor cap management. They would load up on a few 90's players then have to roster low-tier guys and after a season or two there would be great QBs and other players sitting in FA never being bid on.

NFCastle 11-26-2017 08:40 PM

I use these and I really like them. I've also run tests on incoming classes by % of players in each rating range and it is pretty comparable to the. Existing % in his roster. Not perfect but it doesn't ruin the franchise by any means.

Another plus is that rookies like Mixon don't get cut in preseason.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app

natethebestever 11-26-2017 08:47 PM

Only thing wrong is jerseys numbers are not correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Prilosec 11-26-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natethebestever (Post 2049129180)
Only thing wrong is jerseys numbers are not correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Then fix them.