Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Stamina question for a developer or GC (/forums/showthread.php?t=922912)

The_Waterboy92 12-07-2017 06:40 PM

Stamina question for a developer or GC

Is there a reason why there is no stamina choice modifier like there was in Undisputed 3? I loved the option to either play an easier less stamina concerned matchup with a friend who was new to the series vs playing a much tighter simulation type mode against he computer. I understand there must be a reason for not having a feature like this since it seems popular on other threads. I was curious if you could shed some light or perspective on why this hasn’t made the cut. If so, I appreciate it greatly

GameplayDevUFC 12-07-2017 06:54 PM

Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92 (Post 2049148523)
Is there a reason why there is no stamina choice modifier like there was in Undisputed 3? I loved the option to either play an easier less stamina concerned matchup with a friend who was new to the series vs playing a much tighter simulation type mode against he computer. I understand there must be a reason for not having a feature like this since it seems popular on other threads. I was curious if you could shed some light or perspective on why this hasn’t made the cut. If so, I appreciate it greatly

There will be stamina sliders.

Does that not fill the need?

aholbert32 12-07-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92 (Post 2049148523)

Offline there will be a stamina slider so there will be an option to change stamina.

Online, there isnt a consensus that people want a modifier. Many want one. Many claim it would split the online crowd and make it harder to find fights.

Acebaldwin 12-07-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2049148534)

Hey GPD, since you've been answering a good amount of question about the stamina, would you please give your opinion on what's been discussed on the forums concerning your opponent's meters bars (stamina included) being hidden in ranked? And if there's been any consensus on whether or not it'd be possible to integrate in-game? Or if there's at least still time to make a decision?

Also, would a option in quick match be possible for a host to make it so it's hidden from the opponent?

Donnie_Brasco_FR 12-07-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2049148540)
Offline there will be a stamina slider so there will be an option to change stamina.

Online, there isnt a consensus that people want a modifier. Many want one. Many claim it would split the online crowd and make it harder to find fights.

In the beta, that was a sim stamina mode?

aholbert32 12-07-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR (Post 2049148588)
In the beta, that was a sim stamina mode?

No. There were no sliders in the beta.

Solid_Altair 12-08-2017 02:48 AM

I don't understand how people would want stamina drain to be bigger, though. With the bad stamina dudes it's already very hard to go the distance.

tissues250 12-08-2017 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2049148534)

At least, combo... Combo should be more stamina tax for online. Spamming is not balance. It was possible in the beta.