Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Players Not Appearing on Field (/forums/showthread.php?t=922944)

MtVasuvius 12-08-2017 10:27 AM

Players Not Appearing on Field

I was playing a franchise with the Minnesota Vikings (if anyone's interested, it's 2021) and in the games I played (mainly playoffs), for the entire 4th quarter, players simply wouldn't appear on the field. In one game, Dalvin Cook didn't appear for the entire 4th quarter (despite not being injured and only having about 20 carries) and the same thing happened with Stefon Diggs the next game, despite not returning a kick or going deep for a pass since the first half.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be? My fatigue is set to 60, and my auto-subs are set up correctly, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Quarter length is at 15, but I've still never had this issue before, even when I played on slider sets with 70 fatigue. Neither player was listed on the injury report at all.

IcedCoffee1983 12-08-2017 10:46 AM

Re: Players Not Appearing on Field

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtVasuvius (Post 2049149177)
I was playing a franchise with the Minnesota Vikings (if anyone's interested, it's 2021) and in the games I played (mainly playoffs), for the entire 4th quarter, players simply wouldn't appear on the field. In one game, Dalvin Cook didn't appear for the entire 4th quarter (despite not being injured and only having about 20 carries) and the same thing happened with Stefon Diggs the next game, despite not returning a kick or going deep for a pass since the first half.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be? My fatigue is set to 60, and my auto-subs are set up correctly, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Quarter length is at 15, but I've still never had this issue before, even when I played on slider sets with 70 fatigue. Neither player was listed on the injury report at all.

It happens because they are too tired to return to the field. Throughout the game as your players gets used and makes moves and sprints it drains his fatigue meter. It also declines his "max fatigue" amount to which he can recuperate.

If you set your fatigue settings high enough, and also have the auto-sub out/in set to say 60/80... sometimes a players max fatigue can fall below 80. And once they cannot get fatigue back to 80 or higher, they disappear, because your out/in settings told him to stay on the sideline.

Do you use default auto subs for RB? Did you maybe raise your auto subs for RB above 60/80?

Like if you have auto-subs for RB at say, 70/90 (to get better rotation) you make it easier for them to disappear because the maximum fatigue they can recuperate to needs to be 90 now instead of default 80. So now when their fatigue cap hits 89, they disappear, where as default 60/80 out/in their fatigue cap needs to drop to 79 to disappear.

For me I use default 60/80 out/in, I use 15 min quarters with 20 sec runoff, and 60 fatigue. I play as the Pat's and use formation subs to get realistic splits among my RB's. Usually my starter gets 12-15 carries and my backup gets about 7-10. I also use White as my 3rd down back and he gets a couple but mostly I pass to him. I have never had a RB disappear.

If I have a work-horse RB where I would run him 25+ times a game, I would reduce my RB auto-subs to 60/70 to reduce the chance he would disappear. Because then his fatigue cap would need to fall to 69 or less to disappear.

MtVasuvius 12-08-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983 (Post 2049149194)
It happens because they are too tired to return to the field. Throughout the game as your players gets used and makes moves and sprints it drains his fatigue meter. It also declines his "max fatigue" amount to which he can recuperate.

If you set your fatigue settings high enough, and also have the auto-sub out/in set to say 60/80... sometimes a players max fatigue can fall below 80. And once they cannot get fatigue back to 80 or higher, they disappear, because your out/in settings told him to stay on the sideline.

Do you use default auto subs for RB? Did you maybe raise your auto subs for RB above 60/80?

Like if you have auto-subs for RB at say, 70/90 (to get better rotation) you make it easier for them to disappear because the maximum fatigue they can recuperate to needs to be 90 now instead of default 80. So now when their fatigue cap hits 89, they disappear, where as default 60/80 out/in their fatigue cap needs to drop to 79 to disappear.

For me I use default 60/80 out/in, I use 15 min quarters with 20 sec runoff, and 60 fatigue. I play as the Pat's and use formation subs to get realistic splits among my RB's. Usually my starter gets 12-15 carries and my backup gets about 7-10. I also use White as my 3rd down back and he gets a couple but mostly I pass to him. I have never had a RB disappear.

If I have a work-horse RB where I would run him 25+ times a game, I would reduce my RB auto-subs to 60/70 to reduce the chance he would disappear. Because then his fatigue cap would need to fall to 69 or less to disappear.

I use Flazko's sliders/auto subs and 15 minute quarters/20 second runoff. Obviously I expect them to take time off, but they're missing entire quarters of action...

IcedCoffee1983 12-08-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983 (Post 2049149194)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtVasuvius (Post 2049149491)
I use Flazko's sliders/auto subs and 15 minute quarters/20 second runoff. Obviously I expect them to take time off, but they're missing entire quarters of action...

If you use Flazko's sliders that means you have auto subs for RB set to 88/92. In my post above I said you probably have your out/in auto sub settings too high.

That's why they're disappearing. Once their max fatigue gets down to 91 or less, they never come back. It's because your "out/in" settings tell him to stay on the sideline when his fatigue is below 92.

Technically the game is working exactly as it should.