Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP (/forums/showthread.php?t=923144)

mpd3892 12-12-2017 12:07 AM

BETTER OL PLAY (BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP)

12/16/17 Update: I've been testing out something that appears to greatly improve gameplay throughout (offense & defense) related to the HIGH MOTOR trait. Before releasing my info I want to see a little more. Once I'm confident I have found something, I'll create a thread within the slider forum. I hope to put something out tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have checked in and I hope you found something useful.

INTRO
Spoiler

NOTE: I like to give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately this doesn’t always happen, not because I don not wish to, but because I cannot recall the source. If you see something within that you believe came from you (it may very well may have) please by all means send me a PM along with a link to where you presented the idea and I will make an edit giving you credit. If you did the work, you should definitely get the credit.

Big influences and sources of information have been first and foremost khaliib (I recommend reading his posts), JoshC, KingV2k3 and many others. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge.

TESTING:
Spoiler

Theory & Goal

Spoiler

GOAL #1 improve OL/DL interaction:
Spoiler

GOAL #2 improve pass defense (both man and zone):

Having been a DB in college and in the Marines, this are is of particular interest. More to come on this with some very good findings, albeit time consuming edits. I’m still looking for a possible quick fix as with OL blocking and High Motor.

It is my hope that everyone that takes the time to read this thread will learn something, be able to contribute something and enjoy the journey. Thanks for reading and happy “Maddening”!

mpd3892 12-17-2017 06:28 PM

Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Please check out my new thread over in the Slider Section for an update to my thoughts on the HIGH MOTOR trait.

tommycoa 12-17-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd3892 (Post 2049158151)
Please check out my new thread over in the Slider Section for an update to my thoughts on the HIGH MOTOR trait.

Try turning up offsides to 65 or so. This really boosts the dline and they block shed better for interactions. Now there’ll be adjustments to make with blocking so there aren’t too many sacks or TFLs. Maybe you’re high motor theory helps in this regard to blocking. Ill have to try it out.

Turning all recievers and ball carriers, minus qb, to never on covers the ball, really opens the game up. Wondering if it’ll do the same if you change this trait for all players?

mpd3892 12-18-2017 12:29 PM

Thanks tommycoa.

I want to stay away from slider adjustments. I believe that its a house of cards. Adjust one to gain a specific outcome and it leads to unintended consequences elsewhere.

The thing I've found with roster edits is that you can make edits to get a desired outcome and it doesn't have a negative affect elsewhere.

I really like your idea of adjusting the ball carrying trait. No doubt the setting of this trait can affect gameplay. It makes sense.

Traits just might be the key to unlocking the game!

Darth Aegis 12-20-2017 08:43 PM

One of the rosters I made I raised everyones awarness to 100. I really enjoyed the results.

mpd3892 12-20-2017 10:40 PM

Khaliib suggested doing this as well. I gave it a try and it did seem to work well. My concern was how it would impact CFM actions (FA, draft, etc). I didn't want to have to raise and lower it every time I played a game.

Darth Aegis 12-20-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd3892 (Post 2049161907)
Khaliib suggested doing this as well. I gave it a try and it did seem to work well. My concern was how it would impact CFM actions (FA, draft, etc). I didn't want to have to raise and lower it every time I played a game.

Yeah, i just always left it after I edited it. The game isnt dynamic enough with traits and ratings. Way to basic and cookie cutter. I wish you luck man, I like the thread. At the end of the day it wasnt worth my time and effort editing rosters when EA will just swoop in and release a patch and break something.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 12-23-2017 09:01 AM

Re: BETTER OL PLAY (BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd3892 (Post 2049152835)
12/16/17 Update: I've been testing out something that appears to greatly improve gameplay throughout (offense & defense) related to the HIGH MOTOR trait. Before releasing my info I want to see a little more. Once I'm confident I have found something, I'll create a thread within the slider forum. I hope to put something out tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have checked in and I hope you found something useful.

INTRO
Spoiler

NOTE: I like to give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately this doesn’t always happen, not because I don not wish to, but because I cannot recall the source. If you see something within that you believe came from you (it may very well may have) please by all means send me a PM along with a link to where you presented the idea and I will make an edit giving you credit. If you did the work, you should definitely get the credit.

Big influences and sources of information have been first and foremost khaliib (I recommend reading his posts), JoshC, KingV2k3 and many others. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge.

TESTING:
Spoiler

Theory & Goal

Spoiler

GOAL #1 improve OL/DL interaction:
Spoiler

GOAL #2 improve pass defense (both man and zone):

Having been a DB in college and in the Marines, this are is of particular interest. More to come on this with some very good findings, albeit time consuming edits. I’m still looking for a possible quick fix as with OL blocking and High Motor.

It is my hope that everyone that takes the time to read this thread will learn something, be able to contribute something and enjoy the journey. Thanks for reading and happy “Maddening”!

What about run blocking? How does this effect run blocks, especially on tosses, for example, where too often the linemen will run right past the guy they are supposed to block?