Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=923513)

jrose57 12-17-2017 08:32 PM

Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing?

Just curious you guy's choice for this year's game, I chose real-shooting% again for this year like last year because I find it super hard to shoot the ball...

kingelib 12-17-2017 10:23 PM

Re: Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing?

I don’t really understand what the they actually mean. I’ve never understood. Plz explain

aakaido 12-17-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingelib (Post 2049158373)
I don’t really understand what the they actually mean. I’ve never understood. Plz explain

Real player field goal percentage means the player you're controlling will shoot about as well as he does in real life. If you're playing with LeBron, KD, or Curry that shoot exceptionally well in real life, you can expect the same shooting percentages in the game. If you're playing with players like Andre Roberson who can't hit fish out of water outside of 2 feet in real life, don't expect anything different in-game.

User timing is exactly what it sounds like. Your shooting percentage can increase or decrease based on when you release the shot stick or shooting button. Though tendencies and ratings still matter, the timing of early, slightly early, perfect, slightly late, and late releases matter more.

For example, Shaq for his career is an atrocious free-throw shooter at round 50 something percent. Theoretically, under user timing, you could get him to go 20 for 20 at the line if you study and learned his release for his shot. It's still highly unlikely that it could happen given his in-game free-throw ratings, but it's alot better than the odds of doing under real fg% that say he'd never hit more than 11 out of 20 at the line.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

kingelib 12-17-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aakaido (Post 2049158410)
Real player field goal percentage means the player you're controlling will shoot about as well as he does in real life. If you're playing with LeBron, KD, or Curry that shoot exceptionally well in real life, you can expect the same shooting percentages in the game. If you're playing with players like Andre Roberson who can't hit fish out of water outside of 2 feet in real life, don't expect anything different in-game.

User timing is exactly what it sounds like. Your shooting percentage can increase or decrease based on when you release the shot stick or shooting button. Though tendencies and ratings still matter, the timing of early, slightly early, perfect, slightly late, and late releases matter more.

For example, Shaq for his career is an atrocious free-throw shooter at round 50 something percent. Theoretically, under user timing, you could get him to go 20 for 20 at the line if you study and learned his release for his shot. It's still highly unlikely that it could happen given his in-game free-throw ratings, but it's alot better than the odds of doing under real fg% that say he'd never hit more than 11 out of 20 at the line.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense now

aakaido 12-17-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose57 (Post 2049158294)
Just curious you guy's choice for this year's game, I chose real-shooting% again for this year like last year because I find it super hard to shoot the ball...

It's always been user timing for me. I always hate feeling like I'm not in total control of what I'm doing in a game, especially a sports game that's about statistics. I play the game where I can learn certain players shots and go from there. I'd hate for it to be a close game and game plays the numbers against me and miss a good open clutch shot.

shaun007miller 12-17-2017 11:18 PM

User Timing...always and forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

aakaido 12-17-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingelib (Post 2049158412)
Thanks that makes a lot of sense now

No problem

Goffs 12-18-2017 10:36 AM

I like to mix things up. Some days I feel like letting the numbers take over but most days it's user timing.

EDIT: One thing I should add is that using real shooting % makes me call more plays due to the personnel on the floor. User timing all I have to do is just time the shot release but when the game determines the ratings and stuff I rely more on calling plays.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk