Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Playing in winter time (/forums/showthread.php?t=923630)

JeremyB 12-20-2017 04:20 AM

Playing in winter time

Hi guys

Just curious if you guys play the show in the winter time too?

Something awesome about playing it in winter time or when Christmas tree is up and getting that summer baseball feel while having a hot cup of coffee

Jeremy

forme95 12-20-2017 07:34 AM

Re: Playing in winter time

It really is the only game I play anymore. I gave up on Madden years ago and this is really all I ever truly play. So, ya, I would say I play it year round lol.

countryboy 12-20-2017 08:10 AM

I play during the winter. Nice to see the bright sunshine and the "warm" weather. :cool:

I play the Show year round as it is the only modern day sports game I play anymore.

bad_philanthropy 12-20-2017 08:30 AM

I'm not a permanent payer through the winter. Usually NHL and FIFA distract me, but I do check in at poinst because if I don't I basically lose my eye at the plate and lose my timing as well--especially my swing in hitters' counts.

adamj2281 12-20-2017 08:45 AM

Yeah, I have some serious OCD when it comes to Franchise mode so I download an updated roster (after the Winter Meetings), move FA's to where I think they will go, and simulate the first year with no trades allowed and pick up going into 2018.

I use 30 team control and typically just control one team myself and make a few moves that are not connected to real life.

GlennN 12-20-2017 10:17 AM

Nah, I generally only play the sport during the season of that sport. Nothing better than starting a fresh new franchise (or RTTS) when pitchers and catchers report in February!

tnixen 12-20-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyB (Post 2049160879)
Hi guys

Just curious if you guys play the show in the winter time too?

Something awesome about playing it in winter time or when Christmas tree is up and getting that summer baseball feel while having a hot cup of coffee

Jeremy

I try and play at least 1 game everyday all year round!

Even though there are so many things that could be greatly improved examples AI Bullpen Logic, Manager logic really just smarter AI all around, Gameplay, ball physics,broadcast presentations especially better stat overlays, player models, much more in game player and even umpire and Ball Boy/Bat Boy animations and of course way more accurate stadiums especially my home town Citizens Bank Park are you listening Sony :)

But man after 10 years playing MLB The Show I still just LOVE the hell out of this game even with all those gameplay and AI logic scratching your head moments :) lol

If I could only pick just one thing that will guaranteed be improved in MLB The Show 18 it would have to be much improved CPU AI Logic for both Manager,Bullpen, Pitching, hitting and running decisions. I just want it to feel a lot more like I am playing a smart human when playing the CPU.

TheWarmWind 12-20-2017 02:03 PM

I binge and fast on the Show, but yeah, that happens all year long.