Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me. (/forums/showthread.php?t=923639)

GisherJohn24 12-20-2017 09:18 AM

My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me.

I have 2 friends that come over like once a month for a game night. They are not video gamers at all. They dont' own a video game system, both married, full time kids and work and so on. They can come over and never play for months and beat me with almost any 2k game. I've been playing 2K since the original Dreamcast and I know all the controls, crossovers, ally oops, I call plays and use point of emphasis and so on. They usually beat me. I'd say 75% of the time. It's just a strange thing. Either they really are smart guys who know basketball or I"m just really really bad.

Marvlus91 12-20-2017 01:29 PM

Re: My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me.

HA reminds me of my cousin that comes over to play here and again, all he does is pick Cleveland and turbo spams up the floor with Lebron getting past everyone or he picks golden state and we’ll you know, shoot a ton a threes lol. I always get the win but the fact that the games be too close is what bothers me, he plays sloppy and still has a chance to win the game.

GisherJohn24 12-20-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvlus91 (Post 2049161293)
HA reminds me of my cousin that comes over to play here and again, all he does is pick Cleveland and turbo spams up the floor with Lebron getting past everyone or he picks golden state and we’ll you know, shoot a ton a threes lol. I always get the win but the fact that the games be too close is what bothers me, he plays sloppy and still has a chance to win the game.

Tells ms there is something fundamentally wrong with the game itself because on paper with my knowledge of the game, I should be kicking their butt. I'd also like to point though they usually have me lower the difficulty level down from All Star to Pro. But still...

Marc_Rez 12-21-2017 05:40 AM

I feel your pain...I feel your pain.

The 24th Letter 12-21-2017 06:07 AM

I recently had a mini tournament with a group of my friends and the more casual guys stuck out like a sore thumb.

It really is going to depend on your 2K18 skill level. Having played the game since Dreamcast (most around the our age range have) doesnt so much matter since the game is now completely different.

At the same time, playing on Pro is pretty much a free for all. HOF or nothing in my house, lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jeebs9 12-21-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2049162125)
I recently had a mini tournament with a group of my friends and the more casual guys stuck out like a sore thumb.

It really is going to depend on your 2K18 skill level. Having played the game since Dreamcast (most around the our age range have) doesnt so much matter since the game is now completely different.

At the same time, playing on Pro is pretty much a free for all. HOF or nothing in my house, lol

I actually had one of these. I basically had to give up the controller after sweeping through the room 2 times. Yea if it's on Pro they let a lot of BS go. But I don't know anyone that plays on Pro. They always get pissed when I'm running plays. I even let them play off ball (to a point). But a lot of them have been learning don't let the CPU play defense you will get burned. They even stop doing step backs backs as much because they either get blocked or miss shots over and over. The best thing is I have the play art on. And they never follow it. The only follow it trying to steal the passes. But they don't understand that I don't have to follow it either lol.

Check out my video of early battles
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CyEuuFVWhKg" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got another coming out soon. Of a 7 game series between

GisherJohn24 12-21-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2049162125)

Difficulty is key I'm sure. Lower you go the ease of scoring poses problems

jeebs9 12-21-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GisherJohn24 (Post 2049161371)
Tells ms there is something fundamentally wrong with the game itself because on paper with my knowledge of the game, I should be kicking their butt. I'd also like to point though they usually have me lower the difficulty level down from All Star to Pro. But still...

My cousin and I played in Pro once by mistake. After we found out it was on Pro. He wanted a rematch. He had beat me. But he wasn't about to talk **** about it when the game was on Pro. Because he knows he has got away with too many contested shots in the game I lost.

I love it though. My cousin messaged me the other day to ask "what is hedging" lol. It's cause my family and friends to try and learn how to play basketball to a point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk