Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I may have found a way to mod uniforms In NCAA 14 (/forums/showthread.php?t=923847)

baartmans2 12-23-2017 09:37 PM

I may have found a way to mod uniforms In NCAA 14

Pics or it didn't happen, so:

I was getting very bored last weekend while playing my dynasty. I decided to try and figure out how I could mod the uniforms in NCAA 14. The only way I was going to be able to edit the uniforms was through the DLC Uniform Pack. So I moved that onto my PC and began the process of figuring out how to view the textures of the DLC uniforms. This video will show you guys where I am at in the process right now, as well as how to do what I have done so far.

https://youtu.be/WdIJNcHg6dw

I still have many steps to go. I am able to export the textures as a .TGA file to edit in photoshop, but do not know how to convert the .TGAs back into .XPRs. Anyone who can help with this process will be greatly appreciated. If we can get this to work, I would think this would be the greatest mod we have made for the game yet.

jkits 12-23-2017 11:12 PM

Re: I may have found a way to mod uniforms In NCAA 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by baartmans2 (Post 2049164852)
Pics or it didn't happen, so:

I was getting very bored last weekend while playing my dynasty. I decided to try and figure out how I could mod the uniforms in NCAA 14. The only way I was going to be able to edit the uniforms was through the DLC Uniform Pack. So I moved that onto my PC and began the process of figuring out how to view the textures of the DLC uniforms. This video will show you guys where I am at in the process right now, as well as how to do what I have done so far.

https://youtu.be/WdIJNcHg6dw

I still have many steps to go. I am able to export the textures as a .TGA file to edit in photoshop, but do not know how to convert the .TGAs back into .XPRs. Anyone who can help with this process will be greatly appreciated. If we can get this to work, I would think this would be the greatest mod we have made for the game yet.

Wow dude, this is an awesome find. We've dug deep to keep this game alive, hope we strike gold with this!

baartmans2 12-23-2017 11:27 PM

My edited AZ uni texture. Next step is to convert the files back into .ast form, then replace them onto the Uniform pack contents folder.

0rangez4u 12-25-2017 06:13 PM

If this is successful in finding a way to convert back, do you think it would be possible to mod the facemasks/helmets also? or atleast turn the elbow pads that no one wears anymore to nike sleeves or something of that nature?

brent3419 12-25-2017 08:20 PM

[emoji1433][emoji1433][emoji1433][emoji1433] great work!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

goillini03 12-26-2017 02:15 PM

Very nice!

chetdawg 12-27-2017 02:22 PM

The guys over at MVP mods have been doing work getting new/updated uniforms into the MVP baseball games for years. Maybe they have some tools or something over there that may help. It is an EA sports game afterall. Never know. But this is awesome. It's the biggest problem every year when still playing the game lol.

Brock 12-27-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetdawg (Post 2049167902)
The guys over at MVP mods have been doing work getting new/updated uniforms into the MVP baseball games for years. Maybe they have some tools or something over there that may help. It is an EA sports game afterall. Never know. But this is awesome. It's the biggest problem every year when still playing the game lol.

Pretty sure those are PC games tho. PlayStation and Xbox versions have always been nearly impossible to edit in terms of jersey's. Closest I've seen was someone on football idiot modding jerseys for GameCube NCAA 05.

Hope Op is able to find away to import back into game.