Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Fumble Slider with 1.08 (/forums/showthread.php?t=923874)

nickaepi 12-24-2017 04:14 PM

Fumble Slider with 1.08

So I started an offline franchise and I'm playing with edits to all WR, RB, TE, KR/PR so brace for hits trait is NEVER. This has removed the slowdown glitch (yay!!) but now I have no idea how the fumble slider interacts with this trait and other slider settings.

I'm seeing sliders ranging from like 48 to 55 but I don't know definitively how fumble slider works with their specific sets.

It's also kinda confusing because main menu says lowering fumble slider increases fumbles but cfm is switched around?

Any input from you guys is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ren The Conqueror 12-25-2017 11:49 AM

Re: Fumble Slider with 1.08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickaepi (Post 2049165370)
So I started an offline franchise and I'm playing with edits to all WR, RB, TE, KR/PR so brace for hits trait is NEVER. This has removed the slowdown glitch (yay!!) but now I have no idea how the fumble slider interacts with this trait and other slider settings.

I'm seeing sliders ranging from like 48 to 55 but I don't know definitively how fumble slider works with their specific sets.

It's also kinda confusing because main menu says lowering fumble slider increases fumbles but cfm is switched around?

Any input from you guys is appreciated.

The lower the slider, the more fumbles you will see. The higher the slider, the less fumbles you will see. The fumble slider also serves as the ball carrier ability slider in a sense. If you raise the slider to a higher value, ball carriers function more aggressively - it opens up the running game quite a bit. If you lower it, it will also work hand-in-hand with your fatigue and auto-subs. It also works in harmony with the tackle slider. I would recommend keeping the fumble slider and tackle slider fairly close to each other - within 5-10 markers. I have my fumbles set to 55 for both user and CPU, with User tackling at 65 and CPU tackling at 50. Run game is very organic.

Optimal set up for me would be tackling at 35 and fumbles at 40 or 45. But I cannot get the tackling slider to work efficiently in M18, al-madden, with that low of a value. The CPU can break multiple tackles on each play. That's why I found a nice happy medium with the aforementioned values.

nickaepi 12-25-2017 11:57 AM

Re: Fumble Slider with 1.08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82 (Post 2049166076)
The lower the slider, the more fumbles you will see. The higher the slider, the less fumbles you will see. The fumble slider also serves as the ball carrier ability slider in a sense. If you raise the slider to a higher value, ball carriers function more aggressively - it opens up the running game quite a bit. If you lower it, it will also work hand-in-hand with your fatigue and auto-subs. It also works in harmony with the tackle slider. I would recommend keeping the fumble slider and tackle slider fairly close to each other - within 5-10 markers. I have my fumbles set to 55 for both user and CPU, with User tackling at 65 and CPU tackling at 50. Run game is very organic.

Optimal set up for me would be tackling at 35 and fumbles at 40 or 45. But I cannot get the tackling slider to work efficiently in M18, al-madden, with that low of a value. The CPU can break multiple tackles on each play. That's why I found a nice happy medium with the aforementioned values.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was a pretty important slider! I definitely felt a big difference between 48 and 55. 48 felt more organic and 55 felt like it was "forcing something" with the cpu rbs. That's a great explanation. Now I see how why you sliders guys make the big bucks. ;) You have to test a ton to figure this stuff out, I'm sure. Merry Christmas!