Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden “Come on, Man” Moments (/forums/showthread.php?t=923957)

JayCutlersCig 12-25-2017 11:06 PM

Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

Before we begin, let me preface this by saying: I don’t think this “belongs in the retail impressions thread.” I’m simply making this post for the people who, like me, have had moments where we’ve said “Are you f****** serious?” in the game. It’s a chance to remind ourselves that this is a video game (a subpar one, but I won’t go into that) and that both the game and player are imperfect, and ultimately, smoothen the hardened feelings after that dropped INT or after that “garbage” dice roll animation.

I’ll give you an example: in my CFM with Dallas (in which I mostly play QB only), Ezekiel Elliot on a Halfback Toss, doesn’t bother cutting up field and instead, makes a beeline for the sidelines. There’s nobody up-field. He has a 99 BCV attribute.

Come on, man.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 12-26-2017 03:02 PM

Re: Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

Playing against the Rams as the 49ers. Was up like 21-6. Fourth quarter. I punt. Blocked. Returned for td. Get ball back. Run off some clock. Punt. Blocked. Returned for a td. Decide if they are gonna cheese me, I'm gonna cheese them. Started running one play in hurry up. Scored two tds. won.

Come on, man.

NinersFan49 12-26-2017 05:06 PM

This was a couple of years ago but I was lining up to kick a PAT. I never run fakes on pats, fgs, or punts in thousands of games of Madden. The cpu lines up all spread out like they're in zone coverage. I'm like wth, never seen this before, it must think I'm going to run a fake. I press the snap button and lo and behold I'd accidentally pressed the button to run a fake and the cpu was in zone. Can't sneak anything past that cpu!

Come on, man!

JayCutlersCig 12-26-2017 10:34 PM

Had a good drive going late in the SB with the Browns. Crowell fumbles it at the 2, Kam Chancellor picks it up, literally bounces off Joe Thomas, and winds up scoring the game winning TD.

The ghost of Earnest Bynar strikes again. Come on, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 12-26-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinersFan49 (Post 2049167007)
This was a couple of years ago but I was lining up to kick a PAT. I never run fakes on pats, fgs, or punts in thousands of games of Madden. The cpu lines up all spread out like they're in zone coverage. I'm like wth, never seen this before, it must think I'm going to run a fake. I press the snap button and lo and behold I'd accidentally pressed the button to run a fake and the cpu was in zone. Can't sneak anything past that cpu!

Come on, man!

Yeah that's kind of dumb tbh. :splat:

marbs93 01-01-2018 10:02 PM

this is madden 17 as i was incarcerated for the release of madden 18 and i dont want to spend money for the same thing i already have but with new players; anyways..

One of my teams i hope to write a dynasty thread about when i can, playing the jags about 2 weeks ago... down 21-16, i block a punt, none of my 7 players seem to be able to pick the ball up, one of their players on punt coverage picks it up, runs 60 yards to my 5, i strip the ball with Stephon Gilmore carry the return all the way back, just to fumble on the goal line and the ball went out of the back of the end zone. :brickwall

reyes the roof 01-01-2018 11:48 PM

I don't remember the score, but I was winning late vs Green Bay with under 2 minutes so they were in hurry up. They march in to field goal range and on 4th down bring out the FG unit but they run a fake and convert it. Then they proceed to go no huddle with their FG unit and throw an interception and seal the game for me. Come on man

NinersFan49 01-02-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049173108)
I don't remember the score, but I was winning late vs Green Bay with under 2 minutes so they were in hurry up. They march in to field goal range and on 4th down bring out the FG unit but they run a fake and convert it. Then they proceed to go no huddle with their FG unit and throw an interception and seal the game for me. Come on man

Something similar happened to me on a fake punt. They converted and went into hurry up, the punter turned into Aaron Rogers throwing strikes to the 300lb DE who'd moved out to WR and was playing like Gronk.