Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me (/forums/showthread.php?t=923958)

yvePVM 12-25-2017 11:48 PM

I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

It’s freaking ridiculous to where I’ve restarted a game in my franchise twice now and debated on doing it again or just giving up on this game. Week 3 and I just started my second drive of the first Qtr and I throw a long pass to Michael Thomas that’s incomplete and he gets hurt. Separated shoulder. Restart and in the first Qtr I get sacked and Brees breaks his collarbone. Restarted again and with 40 seconds left until halftime my starting LT had an off ball injury on a pass play. Foot Fracture

Christ

bkrich83 12-25-2017 11:50 PM

Re: I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

Everyone wants realism until they get it.

Jr. 12-25-2017 11:56 PM

Turn injuries off. Problem solved.

NimitsTexan 12-26-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvePVM (Post 2049166526)
It’s freaking ridiculous to where I’ve restarted a game in my franchise twice now and debated on doing it again or just giving up on this game. Week 3 and I just started my second drive of the first Qtr and I throw a long pass to Michael Thomas that’s incomplete and he gets hurt. Separated shoulder. Restart and in the first Qtr I get sacked and Brees breaks his collarbone. Restarted again and with 40 seconds left until halftime my starting LT had an off ball injury on a pass play. Foot Fracture

Christ

This is realistic. Watch football; it is what happens. on average, in real life, about 3 players get hurt per team/game. With default injury settings, even with 15 min quarter, you are probably experiencing less than realistic injury rates.

If you do not want injuries, of course, you can either turn the injury slider way down (i.e. ~10) or turn injuries off. It will be less realistic, but perhaps more enjoyable for you.

garyraymond23 12-26-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Christ

turn off injuries then, there's been countless teams this year that have lost their franchise QB.....Rodgers, Wentz, Watson etc.

StefJoeHalt 12-26-2017 09:52 AM

I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

Quote:

Christ

This community fought years for this....injuries happen and happen often..EA Madden and the Dev have made several mistakes..this however isn’t one..as others have stated turn off injuries or lower the injury slider..which works..(now other sliders not so sure) but this slider works..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bad_philanthropy 12-26-2017 10:12 AM

As others have said. Turn injuries off. EA have gotten injuries right. NFL is a league with a ton of injuries, and I'd say most of us here enjoy the realism, and the challenge of managing a team around losing your best players.

Darth Aegis 12-26-2017 11:08 AM

I couldnt disagree more. Injuries are part of football. Love it.