Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 18, not able to play after 1.09 patch. Looking for advice/troubleshooting (/forums/showthread.php?t=924945)

RyanLeaf16 01-13-2018 08:16 AM

Madden 18, not able to play after 1.09 patch. Looking for advice/troubleshooting

I'll be as brief and as succinct as I can be. I have a digital copy of Madden 18. After the game automatically downloaded patch 1.09, my digital copy would not start. I kept receiving an error message.

I searched the internet for some assistance and this board. The main suggestion was that the patch may have corrupted game files and a re-install may be needed.

I have re-installed the game 2x's now. Once connected to WiFi and the other time via LAN/hardwire. Each time, the game starts up with no issues. However, only PLAY NOW is available and it is the super bowl rematch at that. Everything else like MUT, Longshot, Franchise says it's "installing". I will leave it to finish installing for a few hours and no change at all.

Is there a step that I am overlooking? I just want to play Madden and it seems I can't. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but, I think it's odd. I previously downloaded a historic roster and when the game loads and only gives me the option to replay the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl, it is with those historic rosters. So I know the system is reading the save files, but it just won't install the whole game for some reason.

This is on PS4 btw. A big "Thank You" to anyone who can provide an assist so that I can start enjoying the game again.

mykelmosinee 01-13-2018 12:06 PM

Re: Madden 18, not able to play after 1.09 patch. Looking for advice/troubleshooting

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16 (Post 2049184836)
I'll be as brief and as succinct as I can be. I have a digital copy of Madden 18. After the game automatically downloaded patch 1.09, my digital copy would not start. I kept receiving an error message.

I searched the internet for some assistance and this board. The main suggestion was that the patch may have corrupted game files and a re-install may be needed.

I have re-installed the game 2x's now. Once connected to WiFi and the other time via LAN/hardwire. Each time, the game starts up with no issues. However, only PLAY NOW is available and it is the super bowl rematch at that. Everything else like MUT, Longshot, Franchise says it's "installing". I will leave it to finish installing for a few hours and no change at all.

Is there a step that I am overlooking? I just want to play Madden and it seems I can't. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but, I think it's odd. I previously downloaded a historic roster and when the game loads and only gives me the option to replay the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl, it is with those historic rosters. So I know the system is reading the save files, but it just won't install the whole game for some reason.

This is on PS4 btw. A big "Thank You" to anyone who can provide an assist so that I can start enjoying the game again.

It sounds like the download isn't finished. The digital version will allow you to play play now games while the rest of the game continues to download...just my thoughts.

If you look under notifications on ps4, it will show the first part is finished, and also show how much of the TOTAL game download is left to finish.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

RyanLeaf16 01-13-2018 01:38 PM

Re: Madden 18, not able to play after 1.09 patch. Looking for advice/troubleshooting

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykelmosinee (Post 2049185005)
It sounds like the download isn't finished. The digital version will allow you to play play now games while the rest of the game continues to download...just my thoughts.

If you look under notifications on ps4, it will show the first part is finished, and also show how much of the TOTAL game download is left to finish.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input! Will check the notifications tab.