Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   QB gameplay (/forums/showthread.php?t=925139)

Hubie 01-16-2018 06:13 PM

QB gameplay

I have tried changing sliders, difficulty, speed parity, game speed, traits you name it. I have continuous played Panthers vs 49ers trying to get some good results but Cam scrambles way to much about 14 carries a game. I have him on balance. Jimmy G continous throws off his back foot he is also on balance. Any ideas how to tone this down? Something else do you think it has anything with pass blocking slider? Another thing when there is a scramble I rarely see the player slide.

capa 01-16-2018 07:06 PM

Re: QB gameplay

Pocket passer setting and throws ball away = yes might cure that. Not very realistic setting for Cam but the game makes you do funny things.

Darth Aegis 01-16-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubie (Post 2049189671)
I have tried changing sliders, difficulty, speed parity, game speed, traits you name it. I have continuous played Panthers vs 49ers trying to get some good results but Cam scrambles way to much about 14 carries a game. I have him on balance. Jimmy G continous throws off his back foot he is also on balance. Any ideas how to tone this down? Something else do you think it has anything with pass blocking slider? Another thing when there is a scramble I rarely see the player slide.

I would recommend setting him to balanced instead of mobile & scrambling to balanced. Works well

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 01-16-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubie (Post 2049189671)

Jimmy G throws off his back foot in real life. All the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m50s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=3m14s

That's one game. He did it multiple times in every game this year.

As for Cam scrambling, try calling a different defense. When I play mobile QBs on 12 minute quarters on All Madden I only see about 4 to 5 qb runs per game.

webbjay82 01-17-2018 02:38 PM

I'm going to have to start playing with sliders too because I can't even run man coverage anymore because it seems like as soon as the qb drops back against man he's taking off

D81SKINS 01-18-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webbjay82 (Post 2049190790)
I'm going to have to start playing with sliders too because I can't even run man coverage anymore because it seems like as soon as the qb drops back against man he's taking off

Spy and contain is your friend

Slim4824 01-18-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webbjay82 (Post 2049190790)

That's exactly what running quarterbacks look for.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

D81SKINS 01-19-2018 02:27 AM

Just think, if Cam was facing man coverage 14× in a game (irl) and they never contain or spy, how many times would he just take off, as soon as he saw the DBs turn!.
The closer the game gets to sim, the more football knowledge and strategy will pay off, not just button mashing and XP for things irrelevant to winning on the field.
If Rex is really behind a sim movement, we may see a more improved ai. And playing calling logic. What if calling the same defense was exploited by the CPU and they adjusted according, just like they actually used those MS Surface's lol