Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Rivals (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=584)
-   -   RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION (/forums/showthread.php?t=925233)

JEJunior 01-19-2018 07:49 AM

RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION

COACHES

•New jobs are 2 years minimum, you get 1 1-year contract every 5 seasons

•Create a coach, make the Alma Mater a school you want... PLAYBOOKS must be the school you choose or a Generic PB, cannot change after week 3

•New members at any point have to start in the American conference

• Postseason: Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

RECRUITING

•Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited, any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited

•No Athletes

•Only freshman can be redshirted

GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

•Mix up your playbook on offense.. NO READ OPTION OFFENSE, dont run the same stuff over and over

•Mix up your playbook on offense

• MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. even if you run or pass 50 times a game just mix up the plays.. EX if you want to play it safe and only run up the middle or throw short passes there should still be diversity in the play calls

•no shotgun flex runs, if your pb has alot of shotgun flex formations switch it

•5 wide is banned, 4verts is banned, run commit is banned, cant run no huddle if the ball goes out of bounds

•NO SUPER SIMMING, no user catches

•ONLY ONE presnap adjustment can be made on offense regardless of what it is (audible, flipped play, hot route, etc.).... only exception is adding a RB blocker, NO O-LINE SHIFTS, any adjustment counts even a fake one

•No huddle: only presnap adjustment is making your RB or TE a blocker

•4th Down Rule - 4th and 1 past the 50, 4th and whatever if you're down in the 4th quarter (in user games you can go for it if youre up in the 4th quarter past the 50)

•QBs can only have 5 carries not including sacks (6 carries is a suspension, minimum 3 games)

•QB runs between the tackles are fine whenever, you CANNOT sprint to the sideline and throw

•IF YOU CALL A DESIGNED ROLLOUT OR ANY PLAY-ACTION YOU CAN LEAVE THE POCKET TO THROW OR RUN (only time you're allowed to do so)

•NO RUN COMMIT

• only MANUALLY move 1 player presnap, can not walk up past linebacker level, NO 1-5-5 formation

• cannot take ANY KICK RETURN out of the endzone.. only returnable if its in play

•Dont adjust the ingame coaching strategies (aggressive, balanced, conservative) unless its chew clock late in the game

ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every 3 days as long as the league is small. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

THREAD

•Game write ups are not necessary at all but AT LEAST putting RTA and the score

JEJunior 01-19-2018 08:24 AM

Re: RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION

WEEK 1

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****
GEORGIA @ #7 ARKANSAS

There are a few nice matchups this week worth watching particularly in the SEC. #1 Alabama looks to defend their national title at home against South Carolina, Kentucky and Louisville will have their rivalry spiced up as it just became a U5 game, #11 Auburn @ Missouri could be pretty interesting as well. The Game of the Week however is Georgia on the road against #7 Arkansas. The face of the Bulldogs is Cedric Davis, the 6'2 204lb JR RB who had an incredible 2225 rushing yards last season and starts the year as the favorite to win the Heisman. He will be the focus to stop for Arkansas but if you look at what else Georgia has you'll see a very young but talented team. All of their skill positions both on offense and defense, with the exception of their top receiver, are underclassmen who will return next year so Georgia is definitely going to be a force next year if they keep going in this direction. The young talent in their secondary is scary and I think that group can already give Arkansas some problems. Arkansas has weapons in the passing game to go at the Bulldogs but they dont have a running game outside of their QB so that will be the key matchup. Arkansas defensively is as solid as they come, their talk will be to stop the Davis in the running game but he hasnt had any problems against SEC defenses so idk if that happens. Good matchup for week 1 as Arkansas will look to their defense to keep this fast rising Georgia team in check. Dont be surprised if theres a top 10 shift in the rankings next week.

***** GAMES TO WATCH *****
South Carolina 0-0 @ #1 Alabama 0-0
Alabama at home is tough to beat so I expect them to walk away with a win even if South Carolina comes out and plays well for 4 quarters. Too much talent for defending national champions.

Louisville 0-0 @ Kentucky 0-0
Kentucky has a new coach who will be feeling out the team for the first time but this matchup between U5 coaches will be interesting. NCAA investigators have not made an announcement on Louisville yet but the rumors are still looming, Cards fans hope it wont affect this game

• LOOK AT THE RULE LIST, read it again.. ignore the things you dont do anyway, focus on the ones you think you would do

• One rule was added for the QB.. if you call a rollout play or Play Action of any sort you are free to leave the pocket no questions asked

• 4verts has been added to the ban list.. it was already banned but this first page wasnt supposed to be a complete list of rules but thats what its becoming since people keep breaking them

• Top 5 and Pipeline only in recruiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archsmith99 01-19-2018 01:39 PM

Texas RTA...

SugaRicky 01-19-2018 09:42 PM

What a night for a rivalry game!

Louisville comes into Lexington looking to defend the trophy (idk what it's called) against a lowly Kentucky team. The only difference this time was the new coach, Rico Suave, who is slowly becoming more recognizable around campus and the city.

The first quarter started out as if the two teams were two fighters feeling each other out. The quarter ended with the sides trading field goals.

The second quarter comprised of good defensive stands by both teams, which saw them trading non-scoring possessions. Kentucky ended the deadlock by mustering up enough plays that saw their TE come up with his first score of the year.

After halftime, it was as if Louisville forgot what they were playing for. They were held scoreless for the rest of the game, while Kentucky was able to put up a total of 17 points.

After the game, coach Suave reminded the media of something that they may not have been aware of. It was that his old team, SMU, played against Louisville and this coach around this time last season and lost in a horrible fashion after multiple turnovers. The coach let the media present know that coming to Kentucky, playing in a rivalry game, and winning against the coach that made his former team look bad was a very satisfying feeling.

Kentucky finally breaks the streak against Louisville in a 27-3 victory.

Go Wildcats!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

jakroeger 01-19-2018 09:49 PM

Restarting............. I’m super simming some of this boss or hopefully.. I would wait until tomorrow but don’t wanna hold up advance..

JEJunior 01-19-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakroeger (Post 2049193720)

Restarting............. I’m super simming some of this boss or hopefully.. I would wait until tomorrow but don’t wanna hold up advance..

wait until tomorrow and replay it.. dont super sim

jakroeger 01-19-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEJunior (Post 2049193721)
wait until tomorrow and replay it.. dont super sim

I already started... I’ll play it out....

JEJunior 01-19-2018 09:52 PM

Breezy put up 49 in 3 quarters against Tennessee but 3 points in 4 quarters against slap d**k Kentucky.... following the rules never turns out well for dude [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]