Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Trying to find balance for our CFM (/forums/showthread.php?t=925240)

SethMurphy 01-19-2018 11:03 AM

Trying to find balance for our CFM

I play in a CFM with some of the guys I work with, we only have 7 user teams out of 32 right now.

We are playing on All-Madden with some slider adjustments made, but some of the guys are getting frustrated by what they feel is the game "cheating" to win or some what unbelievable stuff happening. I want to try and find a way to create a better gameplay to keep everyone interested.

One guy has lost 3 games this season on the final play of the game, one showed me a video of his gameplay, with a running back running for 200 yards in the first half against him, despite having a defense rated in the 90's.

Personally I just find it to be a part of the game, but do some of you find All-Pro with sliders adjusted to make the gameplay harder removes some of the cheesy Madden stuff that we are seeing on All-Madden? I'm just trying to keep the interest level up for these guys so the league doesn't die out yet.

SpectreBugg 01-19-2018 10:51 PM

Re: Trying to find balance for our CFM

In my experience, All-pro is the ideal difficulty to create a "as realistic as possible" experience. As far as sliders, I can't tell you a whole lot. It really depends on the talent level of the players. Not much you can do except try different slider sets until something feels right. All madden is def. not a good experience though.

tdawg3782 01-20-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethMurphy (Post 2049192976)
I play in a CFM with some of the guys I work with, we only have 7 user teams out of 32 right now.

We are playing on All-Madden with some slider adjustments made, but some of the guys are getting frustrated by what they feel is the game "cheating" to win or some what unbelievable stuff happening. I want to try and find a way to create a better gameplay to keep everyone interested.

One guy has lost 3 games this season on the final play of the game, one showed me a video of his gameplay, with a running back running for 200 yards in the first half against him, despite having a defense rated in the 90's.

Personally I just find it to be a part of the game, but do some of you find All-Pro with sliders adjusted to make the gameplay harder removes some of the cheesy Madden stuff that we are seeing on All-Madden? I'm just trying to keep the interest level up for these guys so the league doesn't die out yet.

These two slider threads have some pretty good All Madden sets that try to eliminate the "cheating" aspect but still provide the challenge. Check them out:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...8-sliders.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 01-21-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethMurphy (Post 2049192976)

Stay on All Madden and raise all user skills by 10, decrease CPU skills by 10. Obviously vary that amount by what kind of statistical anomalies you experience, but by and large, All Madden just raises ratings for the CPU or decreases them effectively for the user. But you want All Madden because it also has the best CPU AI. So, just even things up with some sliders.