Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2017's Best Franchise Mode Goes To NBA 2K18 (/forums/showthread.php?t=925555)

Steve_OS 01-23-2018 04:54 PM

2017's Best Franchise Mode Goes To NBA 2K18

I think I can say with 95 percent certainty that all die-hard sim fans always look...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.

spoofrice11 01-24-2018 03:35 PM

MyLeague in NBA 2K is outstanding.*

I love all the customization they give us... Create a Team, Create Draft Classes, Add Teams, Re-align League, etc.
I wish Madden and other games would put this effort into their games, then I'd be willing to buy them.

drugsbunny 01-26-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

?
"It can be argued that franchise modes are in jeopardy of being a thing of the past," WTF?? That is a ridiculous statement. The lack of a franchise mode has been the ruination of many games. If AFP 2k8 had a franchise mode, it will still be played more than Madden. I would bet money that if the Re-released AFP 2k8 right now, removed the historic players, and added a franchise mode of some sort, it would overtake Madden 18

RipCityAndy 01-26-2018 01:39 PM

Coming from a player that uninstalled 2k a couple months after launch...*

I agree - MyLeague was enjoyable.*

MyGM* was not enjoyable. The problem is VC. Why can't MyGM run on it's own "currency" or progression mode. I felt squeezed (probably intentionally so) by VC. I never had enough to spread across the multitude of game modes. I'm not making a statement about whether microtransations are per se good/bad. What I'm saying is that the VC implementation in MyGM made the feature worse. It took away from what could have been a good experience and unfortunately made it feel "freemium-y."

I'm done with 2k basketball. I've played it since 2k7 and I'm throwing in the towel. I can't deal with VC anymore. It taints the entire experience for me so badly that I can't enjoy the good parts.*