Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   When to run Cover 2 Buster (/forums/showthread.php?t=925855)

RogueHominid 01-28-2018 08:05 PM

When to run Cover 2 Buster

Can anyone give me a quick breakdown of how this call works? What am I looking to take away from the O with this call?

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 01-28-2018 08:53 PM

Re: When to run Cover 2 Buster

When someone is using a smash concept on one side and verticals on the other, I’d say.

Like so:

RogueHominid 01-28-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2049205946)
When someone is using a smash concept on one side and verticals on the other, I’d say.

It's in the Tampa 2 Nickel playbook only in M18.

I'm assuming the side without the nickel back plays the normal cover 2, but that the nickel side plays some kind of match coverage between the nickel back and the outside corner. I just don't understand how it works, how those two (and perhaps the S on that side) coordinate their coverage.

Can you offer more detail there?

And is this designed to be run with the nickel back and outside corner on the field or boundary side, or does it matter?

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 01-28-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2049205953)
It's in the Tampa 2 Nickel playbook only in M18.

I'm assuming the side without the nickel back plays the normal cover 2, but that the nickel side plays some kind of match coverage between the nickel back and the outside corner. I just don't understand how it works, how those two (and perhaps the S on that side) coordinate their coverage.

Can you offer more detail there?

And is this designed to be run with the nickel back and outside corner on the field or boundary side, or does it matter?

I’m not sure how Madden’s version works, but It’s more about the route combinations than the formation. In all honesty I wouldn’t even be in a cover 2 shell unless the offensive formation was balanced, or I was using it to disguise cover 3. But what you essentially have is cover 2 man on one side and cover 2 zone on the other.

Ideally you want the zone side to match route combinetions vulnerable to cover 2 zone and the man side combinations vulnerable to man.

It’s also a good call if you’ve done a lot of 2-man and want to trip up the qb into throwing a pick. He’ll see the shell and assume 2-man and ideally you’ll get a pick, especially if he looks to the man side first to draw away linebacker could

As it pertains to Madden, well, it can still confuse. If he looks to the zone side first, assuming he has asymmetrical route come combinations, and on the zone side he has a short read while the man side he is running a zone beater, he will assume the entire coverage is 2-zone. Then, when he looks to the man side, he will either throw a dangerous pass or hesitate and take a sack, because he incorrectly assumed the other side was also a 2-zone.

miss8080 01-30-2018 06:32 AM

good :y220a::y220a::y220a::y220a::y220a: