Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   I really appreciate the fighter individuality (/forums/showthread.php?t=925896)

UFCBlackbelt 01-29-2018 03:52 PM

I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Wanted to give credit to the person(s) responsible for this. Seeing videos of Wonderboy, Cruz and TJ shows me that the devs definitely put their homework.

They didn't just give Thompson a bunch of flashy kicks because he has a karate background, they incorporated his tendency to switch stances with strikes. Cruz has well-animated movements that require a lot of skill to get use to.

I'd urge to continue doing this, this was a huge step in the right direction.

Nugget7211 01-29-2018 03:55 PM

Re: I really appreciate the fighter individuality

The increased fighter uniqueness is why the smaller roster (or smaller roster increase) doesn't bother me too much. I'd take the increased differentiation between fighters instead of having an extra 40-45 fairly generic wrestle-boxers with the odd flashy kick.

fballturkey 01-29-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget7211 (Post 2049206955)
The increased fighter uniqueness is why the smaller roster (or smaller roster increase) doesn't bother me too much. I'd take the increased differentiation between fighters instead of having an extra 40-45 fairly generic wrestle-boxers with the odd flashy kick.

Absolutely. The only caveat for me is I really hope they put out DLC fighters when guys pop up over the next year+. Covington is the only must add missing right now, but there will be more that will need to be added down the line to let the game stay relevant.

TheJamesKraus 01-29-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fballturkey (Post 2049206957)
Absolutely. The only caveat for me is I really hope they put out DLC fighters when guys pop up over the next year+. Covington is the only must add missing right now, but there will be more that will need to be added down the line to let the game stay relevant.

Don’t understand the hard on for Colby Covington to be honest... he’s just a wrestler lol

Nugget7211 01-29-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus (Post 2049206989)
Don’t understand the hard on for Colby Covington to be honest... he’s just a wrestler lol

His ranking is why people want him in, if you wanted to fight like him you have Usman for that

Serengeti1 01-29-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Oh... We have a Star Wars fan.

My condolences.

TheJamesKraus 01-29-2018 04:21 PM

I understand his personality and ranking but he’ll hardly be fun to use unless you’re Big Cee of course :D

fballturkey 01-29-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

I want to punch him in the face.