Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   NBA 2K18 MyTeam: Week 20 (/forums/showthread.php?t=926960)

Steve_OS 02-12-2018 05:17 PM

NBA 2K18 MyTeam: Week 20

So in my last post I mentioned that the worst thing 2K could do to aggravate...

Written By: Brian O'Neill

Click here to view the article.

CoachLou 02-12-2018 06:49 PM

Re: NBA 2K18 MyTeam: Week 20

I grabbed the Amethyst Jokic...my favorite player...and actually plays like Jokic...unlike the Saph version.

harryl 02-12-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachLou (Post 2049228553)
I grabbed the Amethyst Jokic...my favorite player...and actually plays like Jokic...unlike the Saph version.

I'm just hoping that there's an eventual Diamond and that it's not brutally rare/expensive like last year's. I was able to afford him last year, but that was on PC and making MT was child's play.

Jokic with 86+ BC for speed boosting was nasty. Will be especially so, this year, with the improvements to triple threat and post moves.

I don't expect the BC inflation to lead to 2K giving us a Jokic with default 86+ BC, but I'm hoping that he might have as high as 83 BC so only a +3 BC boost will be needed. Will make it super-cheap and easy to boost just that and there are a bunch of Jordans that have +3 or +6 BC boosts that go along with at least one other very useful boost.

I was erratic with him, and he was always a defensive liability last year, but when he went off, he would just take over the game. For me, he was tied with Diamond Melo as the most fun card to play last year.

kabamaru 02-13-2018 03:30 PM

This game is a complete joke. How many 99 rated cards will be out there? These cards combined with low intagibles are in reality rated 100+

The game is arcady as ever, the Harden Fiasco will lead to even MORE 99 rated cards. And we are still in Feb. Just as a comparison, last year where the cards were ALSO inflated, Ming was a 92 overall Amethyst.

But no one would be interested to rip packs for a 92 overall this year. Would they?

Lat's just get 2 years back and remember the All-Star packs, LATER in the year, with the first few diamonds

CoachLou 02-15-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryl (Post 2049228659)
I'm just hoping that there's an eventual Diamond and that it's not brutally rare/expensive like last year's. I was able to afford him last year, but that was on PC and making MT was child's play.

Jokic with 86+ BC for speed boosting was nasty. Will be especially so, this year, with the improvements to triple threat and post moves.

I don't expect the BC inflation to lead to 2K giving us a Jokic with default 86+ BC, but I'm hoping that he might have as high as 83 BC so only a +3 BC boost will be needed. Will make it super-cheap and easy to boost just that and there are a bunch of Jordans that have +3 or +6 BC boosts that go along with at least one other very useful boost.

I was erratic with him, and he was always a defensive liability last year, but when he went off, he would just take over the game. For me, he was tied with Diamond Melo as the most fun card to play last year.

Personally, I see zero use for another Jokic card. You know where I stand...

I simply want a Jokic card that plays like Jokic.

If anything, the Amethyst card is probaby a little overpowered already. There are times I almost feel bad using the card against people...

That's not a "humblebrag"...but the way Jokic plays fits how I play...and I actually use him the way the Nuggets do.

Therein lies the problem with MyTeam...

The other lesser Jokic cards don't even come close to playing like The Joker...and the Amethyst card probably goes too far...and I could see how it could easily be ABUSED in the wrong hands.

CoachLou 02-15-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabamaru (Post 2049229808)
This game is a complete joke. How many 99 rated cards will be out there? These cards combined with low intagibles are in reality rated 100+

The game is arcady as ever, the Harden Fiasco will lead to even MORE 99 rated cards. And we are still in Feb. Just as a comparison, last year where the cards were ALSO inflated, Ming was a 92 overall Amethyst.

But no one would be interested to rip packs for a 92 overall this year. Would they?

Lat's just get 2 years back and remember the All-Star packs, LATER in the year, with the first few diamonds

Completely agree. The path they've taken this mode down is a JOKE.

It's beyond arcadey....next year they might as well give the players oversized heads and have fire shoot from the basketball when they shoot it...players should do 720 dunks and flips in the air too.

Just go full on NBA Jam with it...that's where they've taken it.

The absurdly LOW difficulty and arcade settings makes it even worse.

They are going to demolish their user base. I guess all the success has gotten to 2K's head...they forget that SIM gamers and a SIM game are pushed them past NBA Live and won them awards for gameplay and gamer experience.

Things move fast...all it takes is ONE year and you can see the competition BLOW right past you.

EA has deep pockets...and I'm sure they'd just LOVE to turn NBA Live into the microtransaction CASH COW that Madden is for them.